FF Batmobile at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Sept. 20-23rd!

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mark Racop

FF Batmobile at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Sept. 20-23rd!

Post by Mark Racop »

An FF Batmobile replica will be on display at the Food Lion Autofair at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, September 20th-23rd. Over 100,000 people are expected to attend. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/t ... _autofair/
Mark Racop

Re: FF Batmobile at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Sept. 20-23rd!

Post by Mark Racop »

They are expecting to have a Tumbler and an 89, and they're trying for a Batman Forever car. This should be fun!
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Why couldn't this be in NY. :-(
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Come on down, Batbob! I'm coming from Indiana. Seriously, sorry if you can't make it; hopefully next time.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

How many Batfans are coming to Charlotte next weekend? Are you interested in getting together for supper at least one of the nights? I know of three or four that are planning to come. The more the merrier! If you're familiar with the area, I would appreciate suggestions for restaurants as well. This is going to be a blast!
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

We fly out tomorrow--I can't wait!
Titianhairedwench

Post by Titianhairedwench »

Sounds like fun! Enjoy!
batgirltoo

Post by batgirltoo »

I wish I had seen this earlier.... We live only 2 hours from Charlotte!
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

I grabbed this photo off the net to try to show the scale of this event--118,000 people attended the four day show. Over 7,000 vendors were open to show their wares. We were inside the Nationwide building, along with a row of Carroll Shelby Cobras, an 89 and a Tumbler in Batmobile Alley!

I didn't get a chance to meet him, but Jeff Gordon was there briefly to show off his Nickelodeon-themed car, along with a couple of Ninja Turtles.

Thursday and Friday were a little sluggish, but on Saturday, the attendance skyrocketed. We answered literally hundreds of questions from the fans as they passed the booth. In 11 hours, I was able to sit down only four times. Lunch was half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It was awesome to meet so many people and tell them the story of Fiberglass Freaks and how we became the officially licensed builder of these cars.

Many commented that this was a "much nicer 1966 Batmobile than any they had ever seen." One person said, "Seeing this car erases the bad experience I had seeing a replica in the past." Some had even seen the #1 Futura in person, and were saying that they would much rather have this car than it!

We had several Batmans of all ages to check out the car...

And this cutie gushed when I let her past the ropes to sit in the car (notice her Tshirt). She and her boyfriend were awesome batfans.

I was interviewed by many news, radio, and newspaper reporters on Thursday and Friday, when it was slower. Pictured here are Lenny and Carl from the Charlotte Motor Speedway. This interview played on the 80x300 foot LED jumbotron several times throughout the weekend:

The expression on this girl's face says it all:

Our good friend Jeff Linson gave us a ride back to our hotel Saturday night in his wonderful Road Runner:

All in all, it was a long weekend of little sleep--but it was incredibly rewarding. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Batmobile Gangnam Style? About 38 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWV-E_IN4ok