WINDOW CAMEOS !! WISH LIST !!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

chetchumley

WINDOW CAMEOS !! WISH LIST !!

Post by chetchumley »

What actors would you have picked for WINDOW CAMEOS. ?that never were ?? ...I think it would have been "WILD"...if they had CESAR ROMERO as himself !!! :P ...he was after all a big star before BATMAN....OR HOW ABOUT..VINCENT PRICE AS HIMSELF.....BURGESS :?: MEREDITH...etc..etc...they could have easily pulled it off...most kids would not be aware they was VILLAINS from the ..and the adults would have really got a kick out of it....other stars we should have seen could have been....DEAN MARTIN,,,,FRANK SINATRA,,,{RUMOR HAS IT HE WANTED A SPOT ??}.........maybe an ASTRONAUT of that time,,,,POLITICIANS ?? etc..etc... the possibilities are endless what do you think !!!
Sol

Re: WINDOW CAMEOS !! WISH LIST !!

Post by Sol »

Actually, I'm not a fan of the window cameo. They tend to be an awkward hole in the program, as far as I'm concerned. That said, however, I guess I would've liked to have seen Bob Holiday from the Broadway production of "It's A Bird . . ." as the Man of Steel. I would plotz to see that! Maybe he could fly up to Batman and Robin as they climb the building.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Some of the window cameos strained credibility to the max. For example, in the Clock King episode, the Duo is climbing up the outside of a dingy warehouse--which is where Sammy Davis, Jr. and his band are practicing. :shock:
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

LOL, exactly that was the one time a window cameo was inexplicably in the villain's hideout whereas most of the time it was at least on a hotel or office building skyscraper! The one other strange locale for a cameo was when they ran into Dick Clark descending the outside of police headquarters.

Some of these cameos I've noticed were clearly filmed without any indication of what episode they were going to be dropped into later. Suzy Knickerbocker's cameo falls in that category where the dialogue during the climb doesn't have any connection to the episode itself.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

All are excellent points.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

The Robot from Lost in Space with Dr. Smith.

Tina Louise and Dawn Wells.

The Prof from Gilligan's Island.

Emma Peel and Steed.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

robinboyblunderer wrote:The Robot from Lost in Space with Dr. Smith.

Tina Louise and Dawn Wells.

The Prof from Gilligan's Island.

Emma Peel and Steed.
Great!

Kirk Alyn and Noel Neill.

Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan.

Either Lewis Wilson (Batman 1943) or Robert Lowery (Batman 1949).

Bob Kane.

Boris Karloff.

Sean Connery.

J Edgar Hoover.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

YES! Lewis Wilson and Douglas Croft! Can you imagine how earth shattering that would have been! Robert Lowery and John Duncan would be cool too but not as epic.

Here's some others:

Nelson Riddle
Neal Hefti
Al Hirt
The Beatles (that would have been one crowded window pane! Maybe could have used two windows?
Lucy (she then would have had the honor of meeting BOTH Superman and Batman! How cool!
Don Adams
Stanley Ralph Ross
Lyndon B. Johnson the 36th U.S. President, WHOA!
Dick Sprang
Jerry Robinson
Neal Adams
Me :D

John
Music. BAT! Music.
dell

Post by dell »

Although I despised his character and the show, Dr. Smith from Lost In Space. After the window closes Batman or Robin could question his character and state that he was a person they needed to keep an eye on in the future.
dell
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Another nonsensical window cameo was when Col. Klink was at the Gotham City Stockyards during the Shame episode.
dell

Post by dell »

Hey Batguitarist, I missed Don Adams when I read your response the first time. They could have had him say he was after one of Gotham City's infamous criminals, but that he "missed him by that much."
dell
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

For the ultimate ABC cross-promotion they could have had David Janssen as Dr. Kimble asking if he's seen a one-armed man or Roy Thinnes as David Vincent from "The Invaders" asking Batman to be on the lookout for people who aren't really people! :)

Or instead of Colonel Klink cameoing have the window open after they go by and Sergeant Schultz sticks his head out, looks up and then closes his eyes and goes, "I see NOTHING! NOTH----ING!"
rdawsoniii

Post by rdawsoniii »

epaddon wrote: Or instead of Colonel Klink cameoing have the window open after they go by and Sergeant Schultz sticks his head out, looks up and then closes his eyes and goes, "I see NOTHING! NOTH----ING!"
Now THAT would have been hilarious.

I'm surprised Bob Hope didn't do a cameo.....he showed up just about everywhere else.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

About the only window cameo that was specifically targeted for an episode was Santa Claus (aka Andy Devine) in the Puzzler episode, since it was originally shown just days before Christmas 1966.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

[quote="epaddon"]For the ultimate ABC cross-promotion they could have had David Janssen as Dr. Kimble asking if he's seen a one-armed man or Roy Thinnes as David Vincent from "The Invaders" asking Batman to be on the lookout for people who aren't really people! :)
quote]

Fantastic. Roy Thinnes could have shown up in "The Joker's Flying Saucer"! Maybe the stars of "The Man From Uncle". A show that was a send up of the spy genre.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!