Transcripts

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

crazedvillain

Transcripts

Post by crazedvillain »

This website has transcripts of the first season.

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk ... 6&season=1
jbevan70

Re: Transcripts

Post by jbevan70 »

This could be useful; I've been thinking about doing a dramatic reading of a Batman script with some friends for fun. Thanks.
Detective26

Post by Detective26 »

Bumping this rather than starting new topic.

Been lurking in the board for a while - just signed up last week to ask the question about transcripts/online scripts. The springfield link is a bust (and was only S1, if I understand).

I've seen a bunch of the scans - particularly from the podcasts - which are super cool.

But I I have been looking for/hoping to find an online source (that's SEARCHABLE) of transcripts or scripts.

I'm writing a book that quotes heavily from some episodes. My notes are good but not unimpeachable. And TBH, I know I can go back and watch the eps to get them perfect. But that seems to turn watching it into "work" and not just "plain fun". So...!
You tried. That's the true measure of a man.
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

Yes, that site's a bust now. But when it wasn't, you could indeed search Google or whatever by line and be directed to the Springfield script. They actually eventually had all three seasons before the end.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7291
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Detective26

Post by Detective26 »

chrisbcritter wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:21 am See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7291
Thanks for the link. That was the thread (or a reasonable facsimile!) of the one I referred to. Since those are scans of physical pages, they're not really searchable... In any other circumstance, I would prefer that to a transcript that some goober (like you or me) typed up. But for my current project, I need the dialogue as spoken on the teevee. AND "searchable" is a big plus!

(What I have is a bunch of quotes. I just want to go back and verify that I wrote them down verbatim. In hindsight, I should have included timecodes in my notes. Instead I have things like "O'Hara, three episodes after the last one"....)

Have no fear, though, when the project is done I will post it here! (Or at least a link to my publisher...!)

Thanks,
Detective26

Post by Detective26 »

cammy85 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:30 am Yes, that site's a bust now. But when it wasn't, you could indeed search Google or whatever by line and be directed to the Springfield script. They actually eventually had all three seasons before the end.
Holy collapsed collection of cached quotations! If only that was still available, that would be perfect.