Post by jjkandlak »

Frank Gorshin in Orlando June 15th, 1995
Attachments
frankgorshinorlando.jpg
frankgorshinorlando.jpg (107.35 KiB) Viewed 10240 times
Ben Bentley

Re: ThrowBAT Thursday

Post by Ben Bentley »

Hey Jim, cool posts! I thought I had replied a week ago but apparently not!

Because it's so cold and winter-like here in England (it is January in all fairness), my ThrowBat Thursday for this week is from a warm Southern Calfornia afternoon and my first visit to the Warner Brother's studio back lot in Burbank. Yet another experience I am truly grateful to a close friend for.
img_1157.jpg
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Hey Ben,

Great photo from the Warner Bros lot! Would much rather be in LA today than Indianapolis, was below zero here yesterday!

Thanks
Jim
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

The lovely Yvonne Craig aka "Batgirl"...Orlando,FL 1/29/94
Attachments
YC1.jpg
YC1.jpg (30.84 KiB) Viewed 10157 times
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Here’s my first Throwbat Thursday picture, but there’s a story to go with it:

Three years ago I was bound and determined that I was going to dress as ’66 Batman for Halloween. The official costume hadn’t been released yet, so the closest I could find was the Brave and Bold version of Batman. The picture online showed that it came with a hood-like cowl that I figured would be good enough for the job. Unfortunately when I finally got the costume, the mask was a cheap plastic dealie not much better than the ones we trick-or-treated with as kids. Well, there was no way I was going to use that so, with a couple of days left until Halloween, I searched for an alternative. I ended up getting a full head Michael Myers “Halloween” mask, turning it inside out, spray painting it blue, adding the white highlights, using pieces of cardboard for ears, and running with that. I also used the Batman ’66 t-shirt I bought from somebody on this site to top it off. It’s far from perfect (Chuck won’t lose any sleep over my handiwork), and it’s a lighter blue than the ’66 version (to blend in with the Brave and Bold costume), but it did the job!

Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Great job on the improv and great detective skills figuring out how to make the mask!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Mark as Batman.jpg
My 1980 Batman costume, used in "The Caped Crusader," my first Batman fan film.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Wow, that's great, Mark! How did you make it? (I adjusted the photo a bit for you!)
Attachments
Mark as Batman.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Thanks much for your kind words. For a fifteen-year-old it's all right, I guess! The tights were made from a blue/gray spandex, the shorts were made from Lycra (I think), the cape and gloves were made of lightweight satin, the chest bat was black vinyl glued to yellow vinyl, then glued to the spandex, the cowl was styrene plastic with a triangular nose glued in, then sewn to the cowl.
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

15?! For a 15 year old I would say it's awesome! It's also a testament to a long history of being a bat-fan!! Great throwback Mark!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great ThrowBat Thursday entry Mark!
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Here's another Throwbat Thursday pic of me. It's another Halloween pic. I got the Riddler costume, but it didn't have any question marks on the suit itself. So I found the proper font for the question mark (from here), got a cheap silkscreening kit, and decorated the suit and the green pants I wore. All things considered, it didn't come out too bad.

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

wayoutjunk wrote:Here's another Throwbat Thursday pic of me. It's another Halloween pic. I got the Riddler costume, but it didn't have any question marks on the suit itself. So I found the proper font for the question mark (from here), got a cheap silkscreening kit, and decorated the suit and the green pants I wore. All things considered, it didn't come out too bad.
Another great DIY job there!

These Thursdays keep whizzing by! I'll have to get a post prepared for the upcoming one.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Holy Barbasol! The personal connection here is a bit tenuous; this happened at my high school in 1966 during a pep rally but I wasn't there until 1974. Whatever the heck was going on, it looked like fun:
(From the Glenbrook South High School 1966 Etruscan yearbook.)
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."