The Spinning Scene Changes

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wayoutjunk

The Spinning Scene Changes

Post by wayoutjunk »

When I saw how clear the picture was on the Blu-Rays, I decided to investigate the spinning swirl that comes up between scenes to see if there was something there, and here's what I discovered (after doing a bit more sharpening of the pic). The main one (that also includes the zoom in and out of the bat) is a close-up of Robin looking at Batman.

The mystery to me is on the spinning one right before the opening credits. I originally thought it might be a spinning Batmobile wheel or something, but it's actually this.

I was thinking at first it was the Start Button in the Batmobile, but now I'm not so sure. The second word certainly is "Button", but what's the first one?
Dr. Shimel

Re: The Spinning Scene Changes

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Looks like "Gamma Button," which admittedly wouldn't make a lot of sense. :?:
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

It's the Batmobile's "START BUTTON" label/sign...past topic showing all the spins
viewtopic.php?p=6778
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

A. Pennyworth wrote:It's the Batmobile's "START BUTTON" label/sign...past topic showing all the spins
viewtopic.php?p=6778
Sorry about that. I didn't know that this had already been discussed. And while it definitely looks like it says "Start Button" on the one you show, it sure didn't look like it on mine!

So were other pictures used for the spin?
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

wayoutjunk, I did the same thing with my DVD set, and was able to figure out it was Batman & Robin together, and the other indeed is the "Start Button", which seems appropriate since it signifies the start of the episode :D
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Oh, I believe you guys. I was just saying that, even though I figured it was the Start Button (and other pics bear that out), it just didn't look like it on the screenshot I had.