First step in my Batman journey...

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
batfan1705

Re: First step in my Batman journey...

Post by batfan1705 »

The most important thing is to take your time, especially if you are making most of it yourself. Remember the golden rule: Measure twice, cut once!
Waterratt

Post by Waterratt »

Looking forward to seeing your progress along your journey!
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

I know at this stage I'm not making a "true" 66Batman suit. But I am making one that works for me... I had made two pouches the one on the left was my second attempt. I'm going to go with it. It is a working pouch so I can store "bat-things". I ordered swatches last night for my gloves & trunks. Next I'll be working on the tubes which will open as well.
Jim
Attachments
image.jpg
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

Ordered my "bat-suit" last night and some brass for my belt buckle. Went to the fabric store for supplies for the cape and trunks. Tonight I'll order fabric for cape, trunks and I'm going to see about making my own gloves as well as out-sourcing them. I've started looking around for boots to modify but might order from the suggested supplier that was recommended.
Anyone made their own gloves & boots? Would like to hear how how you did them.
Jim
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

very Good.
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

I just thought I would mention that I think you got an exceptionally nice Will cowl. Very "season 1".
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

Thanks, Will's cowl has held up through probably 30 events so far. Very happy with it.
Jim