Any Molls Strong Enough To Be On Their Own?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Yellow Oval

Any Molls Strong Enough To Be On Their Own?

Post by Yellow Oval »

I was wondering if anyone thought any moll or molls could have carried on their own against the Dynamic Duo? For my money, I think Chandell's 3 assistants could have done quite well as 'The Norne' naming themselves after the mythical three sisters. They definitely had charm, talent, looks, and ruthlessness that they would've been quite formidable in using against their enemies. If anything, I love to watch that episode just to watch them. 8-)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
elmrgraham

Re: Any Molls Strong Enough To Be On Their Own?

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Lady Prudence. She was cunning, wise beyond her years, and could run a crew of her own, if she had the chance. She was one of the rare molls that was more interesting than the main villain. She would have been that strong counter to Robin (thanks to her interest in him), sort of falling between the Catwoman treatment of Batman between her first & second appearances.

Pussycat was another strong moll, and her open disrespect of law enforcement (never breaking down after her arrest) suggested she had potential. Catwoman potential is anyone's guess, but she was sly, and arrogant right up to her interrogation.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Yellow Oval wrote:I was wondering if anyone thought any moll or molls could have carried on their own against the Dynamic Duo? For my money, I think Chandell's 3 assistants could have done quite well as 'The Norne' naming themselves after the mythical three sisters. They definitely had charm, talent, looks, and ruthlessness that they would've been quite formidable in using against their enemies. If anything, I love to watch that episode just to watch them. 8-)
One of them (Sivi Aberg) though wearing a bikini and helping the Joker become a surfing champion was much more important. :lol:
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Nancy Kovack's Queenie could have been a formidable threat all by herself (insomuch as Nancy could easily have been a villainess in the Marsha-Siren type mold).
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

After the window jump from the Commissioner's office, I always thought Blaze would have been an intriguing character to explore in her own right.
English Invader

Post by English Invader »

Ben Bentley wrote:After the window jump from the Commissioner's office, I always thought Blaze would have been an intriguing character to explore in her own right.
Blaze was the first person I thought of when I saw this thread. False Face is one of my favourites.
RubberLotus

Post by RubberLotus »

Oakie Annie from Shame's gang was always big with me, even though I haven't seen that episode in years. Mostly, I was impressed by how she was one of the only women on the show who could carry a gun.

The other, of course, was Shame's girl Calamity Jan. Those two should really team up after kicking Shame to the curb. :P
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I could've seen Molly taking over the Mole-Hill Mob! She was never as subornant or adoring to the Riddler as say Pauline. They should've brought her back, masked, then Batman could've been shocked when it dropped off. Much like he had been with Catwoman in the movie.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
RubberLotus

Post by RubberLotus »

My stupid theory (which I may or may not use for fanfiction...) is that Molly gained superpowers from the incident, spent a handful of years putting herself together from the atomic level, and was eventually reborn as a certain venomous vixen of vines...
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Progress Pigment wrote:I could've seen Molly taking over the Mole-Hill Mob! She was never as subornant or adoring to the Riddler as say Pauline. They should've brought her back, masked, then Batman could've been shocked when it dropped off. Much like he had been with Catwoman in the movie.
Ultimately, Molly broke the second she lost an advantage (a functioning gun). Her fear under critical situations would not inspire loyalty in henchmen.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Dr. Shimel wrote:One of them (Sivi Aberg) though wearing a bikini and helping the Joker become a surfing champion was much more important. :lol:
Can't argue that. If I was Batman in that surfing episode Undine would have been my Undoing! Hey, look at those 'Uns' and there was no p-UN intended! Oh man, I did it again! I gotta stop. I'm killing myself! This is UNbelievable! ENOUGH!!! :lol:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

Florence of Arabia

King Tut's moll was quite antagonistic toward Batman, but I just discovered her recent story off screen. Doesn't sound like acting a villain would've been too tough for her! ;)

(Credited as Angela Dorian, real name Victoria Vetri, became Victoria Rathgeb by marriage.)

Vetri was charged with attempted murder after allegedly shooting Rathgeb from close range inside the Hollywood apartment they were then sharing after an argument on Saturday, October 16, 2010.[6] The Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood Division arrested Vetri the same day, and she was jailed on $1.53 million bail, which the judge refused to reduce, pending trial. In January of 2011, the same judge denied her attorney's request for a reduction of the charge of attempted murder, and she was ordered to stand trial on that charge.[7]

However, between January and September of 2011, the charge against Vetri was reduced to attempted voluntary manslaughter, to which she eventually pleaded no contest. The judge sentenced her to nine years in state prison.[8]
High C

Post by High C »

That's not funny. A man was seriously injured.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Ah c'mon, the Commodore didn't mean anything. :roll: It's sad her life too such a bad turn. I was looking at some of her old pics -- wow, she had to be one of the most beautiful actresses who ever lived! The poor lady will be nearly 80 when she gets out of prison. Tragic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=victori ... =1#imgdii=_

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!