Gadgeteer

Re: New Adam & Burt Animated BATMAN movie

Post by Gadgeteer »

YES!!
I was hoping for THIS!!!!
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I REALLY hope they're able to use the death-trap and fight music from the TV show. Otherwise, it'll just be an animated Batman movie.
Dusty_Lane

Post by Dusty_Lane »

Gernot wrote:I REALLY hope they're able to use the death-trap and fight music from the TV show. Otherwise, it'll just be an animated Batman movie.
Oh I'm sure they'll use a deathtrap, and no doubt the music will be very much in the spirit of the '66 Batman. However, I don't think it will be the exact same piece of music due to legal rights. Bare in mind this will have to take be molded to fit the format of a 75 minute animated film. That doesn't make it any less '66 Batman. Remember the '66 movie didn't have the same fight music, but of course the fight music from the movie was pulled later to be used in season 2.
brightknight

Post by brightknight »

Great news. The 60s Batman is alive and well. I was happy just to have the ongoing comic series, but now we have this. I'm really interested in when the movie will be set, and who they get to voice the other characters. Bring it on.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

This just replaced The Force Awakens and Spectre as the film to which I'm most excited about seeing released. The past year or so has been a wonderful time to be a '66 nerd.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

Fantastic news!!!! Hopefully the animated movie will be so well done and so successful as to spawn some sequels and, even better yet, an animated series! Here's to such Batdreams!!!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Interesting. Short of a live action reunion, an animated film is a nice way to celebrate B-1966 at 50, and the format has the luxury of adding everything from the live action show to things only dreamed about, but too costly for the series.

Music is a concern. At this point, I'm wondering about the legal status of the TV scores, and if it will play any part of this movie.
Beneath Wayne Manor
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

I wish that Bruce Timm were going to be involved. I think the Direct to DVD DC movies have taken a serious dip in quality since Timm is no longer involved with them.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

13th Dimension reports that Julie Newmar is on board.

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-juli ... ated-film/
Gotham

Post by Gotham »

This is exceedingly good news. I realize that the part hurt both Adam and Burt's careers and they probably had regrets but I hope they know just how many young lives they touched.
Seeing Adam in person and actually stumbling on where he was sitting on a break (while looking for a restroom) is a favorite memory of mine. BTW he was nice to me, but as I turned to go, gave me a wink and said "Lets keep where I am sitting our secret ok"?
This is probably the last project for them together so I for one am going to make this a must have
show.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Larry Duane
I may not agree with what you say at times, But I will fight for your right to say it!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Can't wait!! Gotta get Julie and Yvonne too!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Wouldn't it be cool if they had impersonators for other now-departed characters like Alfred, Cmsr. Gordon, The Joker, Riddler and, of course, Desmond Doomsday?

I'm sure they could find some very talented actors who could do a good job on these voices to make this as close to a full cast reunion as we could have ever hoped for (at least for the sake of a solid story.)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Does anyone know who is writing or animating it?
Bat Roy

Post by Bat Roy »

Hey this is so awesome news cannot wait here's my drawing i did of what they possibly may look like :D
the @roydarknightingale is my instagram so please follow me if you like :)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Here's some more on it...nothing we didn't know, just good to see.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batman-6 ... 70585.html

John
Music. BAT! Music.