New Adam & Burt Animated BATMAN movie

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Meule

Re: New Adam & Burt Animated BATMAN movie

Post by Meule »

Fantastic news, I can't wait
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

According to 13th dimension Julie Newmar will appear in the movie.
http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-julie-newmar-will-be-in-batman-66-animated-film/
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Batfanman wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if they had impersonators for other now-departed characters like Alfred, Cmsr. Gordon, The Joker, Riddler and, of course, Desmond Doomsday?

I'm sure they could find some very talented actors who could do a good job on these voices to make this as close to a full cast reunion as we could have ever hoped for (at least for the sake of a solid story.)

Have you guys ever heard Ralph do his impersonations on either KROQ or on his podcast??? They could have just cast him to do ALL the rolls!! :D His Joker is crazy scary dead on! (no pun intended)

I hope he is involved in this project. Either as a voice actor or writer (or both would be even better!)

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
STP Swallowthispill

Post by STP Swallowthispill »

This will be good if the animation is done right.
I mean I hope every detail is re-created imagine getting to see the bat cave from different angles and perspectives. This could really help my project if they do it right.

Charles
brightknight

Post by brightknight »

clavierankh wrote:According to 13th dimension Julie Newmar will appear in the movie.
http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-julie-newmar-will-be-in-batman-66-animated-film/
Fantastic.

If the movie can look somewhat like this, I'd be thrilled:

High C

Post by High C »

This sounds like fun, especially with Julie on board. That said, I hope they can find a balance between season 1 and season 2 and have more realistic sexual tension between Bats and Cats rather than the season 2 lovesick teenager Catwoman.

Would add I'd be surprised if they reach out to Yvonne. Based on the way the DVD/Blu-Ray sets were put out, it seems they barely want to acknowledge season 3.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree High C.I hope that Yvonne does come on board with this.That would be great.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I too hope for detailed, realistic looking animation. I just finished watching "Flashpoint Paradox" and while I found the story to be around a 7 or 8, I found the animation to be around a 3 or 4.

I don't know if it's just easier to animate when your subjects have less detail to them, but I suspect it's partly that and also going for some odd style I have yet to embrace. BTW, I still can't watch Clutch Cargo and his moving lips. Creeps me out!

As for Batgirl, I would like to keep her out of it. I dunno...maybe I have a deep seated fear whenever she's around. When she appeared, the series ended. Perhaps I need to look into this within myself further. Hmmmm....
John
Music. BAT! Music.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Batguitarist wrote:I too hope for detailed, realistic looking animation. I just finished watching "Flashpoint Paradox" and while I found the story to be around a 7 or 8, I found the animation to be around a 3 or 4....
Batguitarist,

I believe the animation from all these Warner "straight to DVD" animated movies, are inspired by the source material. So Flashpoint Paradox has a much different animation style then Justice League DOOM, etc...

If this is the case, then I really dig Brightknight's suggestion (a couple of post's up from this one).
I believe the name of the artist is Jonathan Case. His artwork, in animation form, with those voices would be perfect! IMO.

-Jeremy

(btw: not to steer this thread in a different direction, but that Flashpoint Paradox story was awesome!! If you haven't already, read the comics it's based on. Great read!)
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I think that Batgirl would be an excellent addition.Maybe Batwoman could be included too.
sullydude

Post by sullydude »

I think this would be a great opportunity for Seahag to appear FINALLY in Batman, don't you all agree?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent Drawing bat roy.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

My views are well known about The Sea Hag.I will leave it at that.Besides,my thread on her is in the Off Topic section.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Way cool! This is going to be a fun trip down memory lane with Adam & Burt!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Maybe they can bring Lee Meriwether in and we could have BOTH Catwomen fighting over Batman!