MattyCollector Cowl Mod.

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
eric_springsteen

MattyCollector Cowl Mod.

Post by eric_springsteen »

I was searching youtube for Batman stuff and I came across this video with a guy talking about modding an Arkham City style mask, but he had the Mattycollector 66 Cowl in the video for show and it appeared he had modified the mask to fix the eyebrows. He told someone how he did it in the comments.

"Good eye! Yes, the Mattel Cowl was also modified. The way to do this is use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up and peel off the existing eyebrows. Then use a foam brush to apply a couple layers of black acrylic paint to the face. Then use light blue acrylic paint for the eye brows. You can probably find a template for the face online or buy one from Chuck Williams Studios on etsy."

Here is the original video. I would love a video of it up close to see the mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hS_4mbwEB8
Batfanman

Re: MattyCollector Cowl Mod.

Post by Batfanman »

Good catch on this - the mod sounds fairly simple. I'd say be really careful with the proximity of the heat source so as to not scorch the surface.

I also think if anyone attempts this, you could always first trace the existing eye brows and create a light weight cardboard stencil template before removing them from the cowl.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Hmmm, might have to attempt this.
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

This is extremely decent and better than average post...You shook posting it....Thanks a considerable measure for posting it....!!!
J0hn
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

Please. Somebody crafty make mods to this cowl and show us. I would love to see this project.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnfTTxO ... ubs_digest

Scott Bayles just posted a new vid on repainting this cowl. Looks sooo much better. Let the mods begin!
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

Loved the video. Almost seems simple enough for me to do. I would have liked to have seen Scott put the cowl on after he was finished but that's minor. Thanks to Batman65 for posting this for us!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Here is my Matty cowl repainted. 100% improvement.
Attachments
Matty Cowl Mod re-size-2.jpg
Matty Cowl Mod re-size-2.jpg (69.64 KiB) Viewed 4615 times
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Agree! Let's see it on you when you can.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Well done!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I got most of the outfit done. Still need the gloves and boots yet. I will definitely post pics. For all the grief (rolling eyeballs here) I got from my wife over this whole thing, even she thought it looks good. Funny thing is, she took a pic and brags to everyone about it, and its not done yet...lol Thanks guys.