Did anybody notice...???

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jimmy L. 66

Re: Did anybody notice...???

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I watched a couple of episodes today.
Scat darn Catwoman- When Batman is pretending to be under Catwoman's spell, uses the Bat spray on her. when he "reaches "to his belt for the spray ou can tell someone is putting it in his hand off camera.
Penquin sets the trend- Penqy's movie van is the blue van painted violet.
Batman's Anniversary - Riddler's fire truck is the blue van painted red- you can see the blue when they get into back of truck after robbing the flooded bank.
this is fun.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

In the episode 'When the Rat's Away, the Mice Will Play', at the beginning you can see the stuffed Batman and Robin dummies tied onto the spinning wheels. The legs are all twisted and are the real giveaway. After, once they are free, for some strange reason Batman has a long horizontal crease above the eyebrows in the forehead area of the black section of the cowl. This crease seems to run right off towards the right Bat-ear. Did someone sit on the cowl folding it over during a break? :P
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Watch when Ma Parker's croney puts the dynamite under the batmobile hood. Under the hood is a black sheet, no motor parts. When batman pops the hood and finds the dynamite, it's all motor! I'm pretty sure there's no black material under the hood of my vehicles.. Lol. Man, you really notice all kinds of things and I have the standard set, not blu ray. Even the std set really cleaned up nice. It looks great!!! I am so happy to have mine.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Also noticed same Ma Parker episode, on batmans cowl. Left temple, it looks like the fabric is coming loose. There is a big wrinkle there.
Edward Nigma

Post by Edward Nigma »

In The Sandman Cometh, I never noticed before that Sandman is standing in the back of the crowd watching Catwoman sleeping in the store front window. He looks like a giant compared to everyone else in the crowd -- how did I miss him? Also, I never noticed that one of his henchmen is sitting in the ever-present blue van waiting for the other henchman to "kidnap" Catwoman.
Beat Disko Tech

Post by Beat Disko Tech »

I notice the steam lift buttons for the bat poles keep appearing and disappearing depending on which piece of stock footage is used.
Batman: Go back outside and calm the flower children.
Robin: They'll mob me!
Batman: Groovy.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Comics Alliance review of many S1 episodes notes that in Hi Diddle Riddle, Bruce is looking through his father's old law books to try and find some way out of the Riddler lawsuit. When he closes one book in frustration, dust can be seen rising from it.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Whenever some legal problem perplexed him, Batman always found the answer in a different volume. ;)
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

So, was Bruce's father a lawyer instead of a doctor in TV show continuity?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I think he was supposed to be BOTH. Hasn't anyone here ever heard the old sayings:

"Lawyer, heal thyself" and "The man who represents himself in court has a fool for a doctor"? Anyone? ;)
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

First off I must apologize for going sort of O/T here, but I saw the biggest Bat-blooper of them all yesterday - in Chapter 6 of the nicely restored 1943 serial that TCM is running right now.

A simple scene: Batman climbs down a ladder. As he is coming down, about a dozen cigarettes fall out of his cape, followed by the empty pack! I nearly busted a gut laughing. Can't believe they didn't do a retake on that one... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

The next time I watch that serial, I'll have to look for that scene. Chapter 6, eh? I also wonder if they actually did second-takes in most of the serials! ;)
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Well, it is available somewhere on You Tube for those who want to check it out.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

chrisbcritter wrote:First off I must apologize for going sort of O/T here, but I saw the biggest Bat-blooper of them all yesterday - in Chapter 6 of the nicely restored 1943 serial that TCM is running right now.

A simple scene: Batman climbs down a ladder. As he is coming down, about a dozen cigarettes fall out of his cape, followed by the empty pack! I nearly busted a gut laughing. Can't believe they didn't do a retake on that one... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HOLY PHILIP MORRIS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That poor little boy saying his prayers in Joker's Paggliacci episode - what would he possibly THINK if he saw that!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

chrisbcritter wrote:First off I must apologize for going sort of O/T here, but I saw the biggest Bat-blooper of them all yesterday - in Chapter 6 of the nicely restored 1943 serial that TCM is running right now.

Those smokes were a vital part of the Chuck White persona Batman adopted during the course of the serial. At least that is what he would tell you.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!