Actors you wish would have been casted as villains

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mr.Freeze

Re: Actors you wish would have been casted as villains

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Pleasence as Strange.........Ansara as a villain too.
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

elmrgraham wrote:How about Raquel Welch as a younger Black Widow?
The problem I have with Welch in the roll, is she might have come off as too young to fit the roll, plus I wonder if Welch had the "Right" kind of menace to fit this roll. Even though I can't Imagine anyone too old for this roll(which might be a good argument of Bankhead being a bit of a miscast) she did have a raspiness to her voice that added a touch of believability. Black Widow needs to be casted as someone between one notch above middle aged and senior citizen, remember she's been married and re-married several times...hence the name Black Widow. I always thought Agnes Moorhead from "Bewitched" would have been a good pick.
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

It would have been fun to get Dick Van Dyke or Carol Burnett on the show, although I don't know what role I'd cast them in.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about Dick Van Dyke as The Minstrel?Carol Burnett as The Jokers Girlfriend?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Fair enough Jaws 63,but I still feel the same way about a younger Black Widow.
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

wayoutjunk wrote:It would have been fun to get Dick Van Dyke or Carol Burnett on the show, although I don't know what role I'd cast them in.
Would it be asking too much to have him trip over an ottoman while running from Batman? :lol:
/|\=^..^=/|\
Sol

Post by Sol »

I think Vincent Price would've made an interesting Hugo Strange - kind of felt the masterful actor was wasted on Egghead.

I would have loved to see Paul Lynde on the show. Taking mothing away from Mr. Romero, I think Mr. Lynde would have had a wicked take on The Joker.

Also, I've got to admit, again taking away nothing from Ms. Newmar, but I've always been cat-like curious as to what Catwoman would have been like as played by Suzanne Pleshette.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Sol wrote:I think Vincent Price would've made an interesting Hugo Strange - kind of felt the masterful actor was wasted on Egghead.

I would have loved to see Paul Lynde on the show. Taking mothing away from Mr. Romero, I think Mr. Lynde would have had a wicked take on The Joker.

Also, I've got to admit, again taking away nothing from Ms. Newmar, but I've always been cat-like curious as to what Catwoman would have been like as played by Suzanne Pleshette.
It's a shame no artists out there have ever come up with a visualisation of Ms Pleshette in the part...
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
Model Builder

Post by Model Builder »

I would have like to have seen Sir Christopher Lee or Ricardo Montalban portray Ra's al Ghul. I realize that Ra's was not introduced until 1971, but the character must have been in development at least a year beforehand. If "Batman '66" had been able to hold out a little longer, this might have been possible. (I can just hear Ricardo Montalban say, "Ah, yes, Detective . . . .")

For Talia al Ghul, I would have liked to have seen either BarBara Luna or Barbara Hershey portray Ra's' daughter; though Nancy Kovack would have been good for this part as well (even though she did portray Joker's sidekick Queenie in "Batman '66.")
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Sol wrote:
"I would have loved to see Paul Lynde on the show."

Paul Lynde would have played the wickedest villain of them all---THE SCOUTMASTER!

"Get'em Scouts! Don't be afraid to use your matchsticks!"
dell

Post by dell »

AndyFish wrote:In the true old guy sitting on his front porch yelling at the kids having fun at the street-- could the original poster please edit the initial post and correct the grammar of the thread title? It's ACTORS YOU WISH HAD BEEN CAST AS VILLAINS-- every time this thread shows up again it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Ha, you've fallen victim to the newest Bat-Villain, Miss Speller!
dell
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

I was just thinking that I would have loved seeing Mako Iwamatsu on the show. Perhaps as Fu Manchu (isn't he a public domain character?)
/|\=^..^=/|\
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Perhaps Frank Sinatra as "The Don" a mobster who decided to take over once Louie The Lilac was arrested. Perhaps George Raft or James Cagney would be willing to pop a head out of the window.

Peter Cushing as a Mad Scientist who wanted to use Batman to make his own deadly super creature to do his evil bidding.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Had Talisa Soto been alive then she couldve been Talia.......and Jenny McCarthy as Harley :lol: