Your opinion please...

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wally wingert

Your opinion please...

Post by wally wingert »

I just finished watching "The Contaminated Cowl" in Blu Ray. I believe the costumers took one of the cowls that had begun to turn purple and painted it pink for the episode. Knowing that they were going to recover it with a new covering later anyway.

In Blu Ray, you get to see all sorts of details of the cowl when the Hatter is handling it. Even the tan colored fiberglass shell on the inside.

But here's the question...what cowl was painted pink to make the contaminated cowl?

Thru the clarity of Blu Ray, you can still see the black mask portion under the pink paint, as well as the eyebrows. It looked to me like it might have been the movie cowl that they painted over.

It's also fun to see that the heavy pink paint on the cowl fabric caused it to buckle and wrinkle in several places. What a fun episode to watch!

What's your opinion on which cowl became the donor cowl for the Contaminated Cowl? Experts?
John Mack

Re: Your opinion please...

Post by John Mack »

Chuck Williams.........Calling Mr. Chuck Williams. Will a Mr. Chuck Williams please enter the thread?

Best I can do for you Wally ;)

John
Music. BAT! Music.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I posted a similar topic in December

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3388

Perhaps others have come up with more photographic evidence?
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Just checked it out. GREAT thread A.P.!

As I suspected, it WAS the movie cowl! The wrinkle up left. The divot in the left eyehole. Brilliant!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

I thought they turned it pink by putting in the microwave oven for 10 minutes? :)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

Batfanman wrote:I thought they turned it pink by putting in the microwave oven for 10 minutes? :)
Or maybe they were anticipating Batgirl's arrival.

I know - that's another two years, but REMEMBER THE BOY SCOUTS MOTTO -

BE PREPARED -