RedBull soap Box race

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
floatinjoe

Re: RedBull soap Box race

Post by floatinjoe »

Amazing! Really don't know what else to say... Except, maybe, I WANT ONE!
tanino008

Post by tanino008 »

Amazing, looking forward to see the race.
This is such an amazing work Congrats
Feel free to visit my page
https://www.facebook.com/gamcanal04
tmmello

Post by tmmello »

Wow! Looks amazing. ;-)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

More updates, PLEASE?????????
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Arare You planning on doing a loose copy of the interior as well?
Larry
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

here are a couple more update pics, we had decided early on that we wanted to do the "bubble" windows, we didn't really think of how difficult they would be to do... lol
We made a home made oven that would be big enough to soften sheets of plexiglass,

and then pulled them over a mold that we had made out of styrofoam.

We are a little over a week away from race day, so we'll be getting it in the shop and get it painted soon.
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Stryker wrote:Arare You planning on doing a loose copy of the interior as well?
originally it was part of our plan, however we're really having a difficult time staying under the weight limit of 176lbs, If we would have known how difficult it would be to stay under (or even near that weight) we would have made the go kart frame out of aluminum instead of steel.

If all goes according to plan and the car is salvageable after the race we are planning on putting a go kart engine in it so that we can actually drive it around.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AWESOME, RB-R!!!!!!!!! If I had an MG that I could use, I'D make a mini-Batmobile, like the one in Mat Irvine's
"Cars of the Stars"!!!!! It would be a lot cheaper in the long run and I could put it and the Durango in a 2 car garage. Any chance of a tutorial in a bit more detail?????????? Hint...Hint!!!!

Thanks and keep up the Great Work!!!!!!!!
Larry
antman67

Post by antman67 »

I can't wait to see the finished product! I LOVE your idea of making a batmobile for a soap Box race. I have ALWAYS wanted a batmobile but just can't afford the $100,000.00 + price tag for a real replica one. I wish I had the know how or time to do it myself or the materials. What a great idea.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

got it primed and sealed today, I've got to say that we are pretty happy about how it looks in black :D
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

also if anyone wants to go the redbull site and vote for us, we'd really appreciate it, we're pretty far behind in the "fan favorite" votes at the moment.

http://www.redbullsoapboxrace.com/ca/en ... crusaders/

and then click on vote,
Thanks!!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I just voted for You.....67 votes now!!!!
COME ON BATFANS!!!!!!!! VOTE for one of Our Own!!!!!!!
Paint looks Fabulous!!!!!! Where in QC will the race happens? Will it be televised in the States, if You know, Please? Jaqui and I would like to be able to watch our Dynamic Duo Win!!!!!
Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!
Larry and Jaqui
Larry
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Wow, just amazing. Super progress!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Stryker wrote:I just voted for You.....67 votes now!!!!
COME ON BATFANS!!!!!!!! VOTE for one of Our Own!!!!!!!
Paint looks Fabulous!!!!!! Where in QC will the race happens? Will it be televised in the States, if You know, Please? Jaqui and I would like to be able to watch our Dynamic Duo Win!!!!!
Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!
Larry and Jaqui
The race is in Montreal (down Beaver Hall hill if anyone knows the area), as far as I am aware it will not be televised, however Redbull always seems to put highlights on Youtube afterwards. I will post links to any videos that I find, we have a few friends that will probably film some as well.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks, RedBull-Robin, I googled Beaver Hall Hill. Cool Raceway Hill. I take it that the "Villians" are Your "pitcrew"? I've told a number of Soapbox Friends about Your race and they are going to be rooting for You as well. Please keep posting Your work on the Batmobile as it may be the only way I can get one built....LOL

Cheers,
Larry