Bat Cuffs Build

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Meule

Re: Bat Cuffs Build

Post by Meule »

BatBob wrote:Thanks folks. It's always tough making something for the first time. I am trying to decide what to tackle next... any ideas? :-)
Take your pick 8-)
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Nice job on the cuffs!

John, I never saw that scan from you before! There it is!

The Joker bust!!!!!

That thing was used all over the series, and only twice as an actual Joker prop, right? I would love to know how many eps. featured that bust somewhere in them.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Does anyone have a bigger scan of that auction pic?
Meule

Post by Meule »

I remember seeing The Joker bust as a hood ornament on the Jokermobile and as a bronze bust in a museum
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hey BatBob,
How do You keep the cuffs closed? what thickness material did You use?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry
Larry
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Hi Larry,

In all honesty, their is no "locking" mechanism. It is basically the tension from the screw that hold the 2 halves together that keeps it closed. I made the cuffs out of extra Lexan Plexiglass that I used to make my Bat-Shield.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

How did I miss these????

WELL DONE BOB!!!!

They look GREAT!! Fun prop!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I agree with Chuck, WELL DONE, Bob!!!!!!!!! VERY WELL DONE!!!!!!! Thanks for the info. Did You Freehand the cuffs based on the picture, or did You have a drawing of the Cuffs. I seem to remember that Mark Puette's Tech Manual had drawings of them.

Cheers,
Larry
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Wow! Those look awesome!! Great Job!!!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Batbob,Do you think these Bat Cuffs will fit in one of the pouches of the Mattel 1966 Batman Utility Belt Replica?If they do fit,could you make me a pair for my belt?Thanks for your help and I hope to hear from you soon.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I realize this is not addressed to me, dreddbatfan, but even if the Matty Utility belt doesn't hold Batbob's Bat Cuffs,You would make one up to fit via EVA foam and attach it on the back of the belt. For info ( and some darned nice Bat patterns, might I recommend www.thefoamcave.com. It has LOTS of tutorials on how to make things right down to a complete 1966 A.W. Utility Belt. In fact, as I recall, Batman65 made one for Halloween and to have one to use until he got His T.V. one done. If You need anymore info, just P.M. me about the Foam Cave. (Hopefully Scott, its ok to mention things that way :?: )

Cheers
Larry
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Those cuffs look great. It's always cool to see these awesome fan made props. There are some great talented people on here. As for my foam cave belt, the pouches are about 5/8" thick and 4" square, so if those cuffs are under that size, they would fit. If not, I would make a small clip and hang them right on the belt.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Batman 65 has a good idea. If You still want to put the cuffs in a pouch, might I suggest that You make the pouch to fit and put it on the back of the belt, ala the Bat-a-rang.

Cheers,
Larry