New Batsuit Unveil

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Batman65

New Batsuit Unveil

Post by Batman65 »

Well guys,

Here it is, my new 66' bat suit. A quick run down here...

Tights by OnStage, dyed by ME! Seriously guys, as Scott and Chuck stated on the old board, it is super simple!! 2 boxes of pearl grey, 1/8 tsp of purple in a 1/2 full washer on hot for about 20 minutes or so.

Chest logo printed from the old resources board on semi gloss photo paper and affixed to .010 styrene which is available at most hobby shops. The thin plastic is perfect for double sided tape and removes easily for re-use, yet gives the logo strength.

Cape and trunks by costume maker

Gloves by Action Costumes

Boots made by me using the Scott Bayles tutorial. Yes guys.. I sewed them MYSELF! I got a cheap used sewing machine and I literally learned as I went along. They still need to be darkened a bit yet, but overall, they turned out pretty good I think for a very first project!!

Belt was made by me using the foam cave design. This was done on purpose to preserve the 66' look while having functional pouches for stuffing fun size candy bars in. This is my "candy belt" I do have a brass buckle all etched up and I am currently constructing a screen belt also.

Cowl is a modified Matty. A Chuck one will be in the future (I hope...lol)
Attachments
Batman Suit 012-resize.jpg
KustomJeff

Re: New Batsuit Unveil

Post by KustomJeff »

WOW!! You did a great job!!!! I'm very impressed with how well it came out since you made a lot of it yourself. I don't mean that to sound bad, but sometime we think that if we do it things won't work, but then we find out we're pretty good at stuff we never thought we would be.
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

nicely done. Makes me smile and congrats on finishing.
my wife is my Batgirl
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

Looks awesome! And that "candy carrying" bat-belt should make for an awesome Halloween!! Great suit all around!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

This is so well done... It really is spectacular the amount of work that you put into this. The fact that you sewed your own boots blows my mind. Great idea for the bat emblem too! This is really impressive. It's one thing to just purchase and assemble, but you've really gone the extra mile. Great job!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

You look Great Batman65!!
very impressive, you were right dying is super, I mean bat-easy!
do you have a close shot of the gloves?
Awesome Job!!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Great Job!!!!!! It gives me hope that my "Bat Sprang" suit will look equally good.

BRAVO!!!!!
Larry
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Hedji wrote:This is so well done... It really is spectacular the amount of work that you put into this. The fact that you sewed your own boots blows my mind. Great idea for the bat emblem too! This is really impressive. It's one thing to just purchase and assemble, but you've really gone the extra mile. Great job!
Well, my wife doesn't sew, so after watching the Bayles tutorial I figured heck, I KNOW I can do that, and so I did. I went to Jo Anns and got a yard of blue marine vinyl, made a pattern of my leg by wrapping up my leg and shoe in cling wrap, then duct tape, and drawing a line right up the middle and cutting with an Xacto knife. It gave me an exact pattern of my leg. I adjusted for some seam allowances and then I went to work, (after I figured out how to work the sew machine...lol). It seriously was NOT that bad. Glued the things to some old shoes and ..there ya go.. batman boots.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Thanks for the great comments guys. This board, as others have said has been a wonderful source of information. I still need to get the snaps on the cape yet.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

batrunner1966 wrote:You look Great Batman65!!
Awesome Job!!

I will get some close up pics of the gloves for you. They are nice I will admit. Thanks for the wonderful comments and the help.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

batrunner1966 wrote:You look Great Batman65!!
Awesome Job!!

Here is another pic showing the gloves better.
Attachments
Batman Suit 013a.jpg
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

So cool. I am pleasantly surprised at how good the gloves look and the modified cowl looks way better than Mattel could ever have imagined. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

You have done an excellent job of putting together a first rate Batsuit!!!!
I applaud your ingenuity,newly acquired skills and "stick-to-it" follow through!!!!

WELL DONE!!!!
Chuck...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Chuck Williams wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

You have done an excellent job of putting together a first rate Batsuit!!!!
I applaud your ingenuity,newly acquired skills and "stick-to-it" follow through!!!!

WELL DONE!!!!
Chuck...
That means a TON coming from you Chuck. Your knowledge along with that of many others here on this board have been a great asset in helping me to complete this. I simply cannot stress that enough. This would not have turned out half as good without you guys.The comments are sincerely appreciated. I may go back and fix that nose line yet. Hopefully one of your cowls will be in the future for me. As far as the skills, ask my wife about the "few screw ups" I had while sewing those boot halves together..lol It was a learning experience for sure, but a good AND FUN one.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Always good to see a new suit come together! Way to go!