Batman 66 Animated Cartoon

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

penguin

Batman 66 Animated Cartoon

Post by penguin »

I started this over on the old board, but I guess my timing was off, so lets try again. I have decided I will try my hand at creating a second animated cartoon which I will place on Youtube, and this time I'm going to do one on the Batman 66 TV series, ofcourse. So far I only have a basic story written, but I plan as having the Penguin (check my screen name for any questions why) as the main villain. However, since I'm only in the planning stages of the cartoon, any suggestions as to what you might like to see would be welcome. You might want to see my first cartoon (flawed as it is) before submitting any suggestion, so you know the limitations I'm working under. All comments and suggestions are welcome - as I would like to make this cartoon a fun experience for everyone - if possible.

View my first cartoon (it is only 2 minutes long) @ www.youtube.com/user/donaldabbott1
elmrgraham

Re: Batman 66 Animated Cartoon

Post by elmrgraham »

Good Luck to you. I suggest a future Batman cartoon based on the 1966 Batman Topps Cards series.There is a Batman card titled "Danger In The Depths."It featured The Sea Hag,a Scuba Diving Villainess.The picture of she and Batman in an undersea battle was drawn by the great artist Norman Saunders.The back of it reads:"The Sea Hag had led Batman to many strange parts of the world.After trailing her to Tahiti,she took to the depths to recover stolen gems.Batman dodged a spear shot by the wily woman and then went on to capture and bring her to justice."This is the Number 14a 1966 Batman Topps Card.Thank You.Elmer J.Graham Jr.,Keyport,New Jersey.E-Mail:elmrgrahamjr@aol.com
penguin

Post by penguin »

Hi Elmer. I do know the Topps Batman Card your talking about. In that same series - card #29 - there is a villain called Tiger Shark. Maybe Sea Hag could team up with him to battle the Dynamic Duo. A very interesting idea for the future. Thanks
Bob

Post by Bob »

Just stick to the 66 formula and I am sure we will all enjoy it. Hammy doom trap first and captured crooks happy ending
Meule

Post by Meule »

Don't know if it's possible, but a bat climb would be cool. The Batmobile coming from the Batcave of course, heading towards police headquarters and if you could add Egghead and King Tut somehow that would be even cooler.
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
penguin

Post by penguin »

It is possible to create any of the Batman foes - Egghead, King Tut, Joker or Catwoman. Anybody could show up!
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

Sounds great...I for one would love to see the Batclimb. :D. Looking forward to seeing it!
penguin

Post by penguin »

Been checking, since a Bat-climb is something you fan's want to see, and it just might be possible. But I'll have to get back to you to let you know if it will happen for sure. The Batmobile probably won't appear - I can create Bat-characters but not any form of vehicle - at least not that I can see. But I am new to this whole thing and it will take me a few weeks to learn everything about this animation site. Thank goodness I have a year subscription!!! (LOL)

Still you might want to check out my first cartoon (if you haven't already) to understand more clearly what I am intending to create. It's all free to watch. I'm doing this as a hobby, a way to escape my regular, deadline driven art jobs. A way to just have fun! www.youtube.com/user/donaldabbott1
Meule

Post by Meule »

penguin wrote:Been checking, since a Bat-climb is something you fan's want to see, and it just might be possible. But I'll have to get back to you to let you know if it will happen for sure. The Batmobile probably won't appear - I can create Bat-characters but not any form of vehicle - at least not that I can see. But I am new to this whole thing and it will take me a few weeks to learn everything about this animation site. Thank goodness I have a year subscription!!! (LOL)

Still you might want to check out my first cartoon (if you haven't already) to understand more clearly what I am intending to create. It's all free to watch. I'm doing this as a hobby, a way to escape my regular, deadline driven art jobs. A way to just have fun! http://www.youtube.com/user/donaldabbott1
Someone managed to make the Enterprise, so a Batmobile should be doable ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ok-xz5wbY
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

Now I've watched your cartoon, I see elements reminiscent of the animations used in "southpark"...interesting you want to do a Batman66 like cartoon, I think it could catch on. Remember, this is animation...you can do anything with the characters(in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, you didn't fall until you noticed you were suspended in the air). Who needs Batmobiles and batropes?... your Batman could actually fly, walk vertically up tree's, polls, and tall buildings(ofcourse that would be something of a departure as this Batman has extra-ordinanary powers).

I'm not new to these boards, I'm just going by a different user name now. Before my artist freind passed away...we had a certain past time where he'd draw the cartoon and I would right in the captions. We thought this was fun, so we actually did a(never published) comicbook series called Batkid. The concept was that a young Bruce Wayne, an overly smart 5 year old, stumbles across a mad scientists experiment of a(just learning to walk) toddler cross-gened with a vampire bat. The tiny toddler escaped the laboritory and is found(like I said) by young Bruce playing boyscout deep in the caves(This ofcourse is a parody, but at the same time I tried to make it freindly "in a subtle sort of way" to what we know comes later). Batkid and young Bruce take on newly invented foes like "Heyeena", a gangster like villain we called "the Boggler", a witch we called Abra cadabra, and the mad scientist who invented Batkid(remembering how I phrased it)...this mad scientist inroduces himself as Frank Einstein, the brother to the late Albert(too funny). Anyways maybe we need to collaborate...my e-mail address is ja_stiwell@yahoomail.com. I hope to hear from you.
svl

Post by svl »

It's like Stephen Hawkings meets Fairly Odd Parents!

If you could utilize Adam's actual voice with that robotic quality, it would really be a hoot. I'd love to see actual scenes from the show done this way, especially some of the sillier moments from the 3rd season.

Camp meets campier, could be stellar!
penguin

Post by penguin »

Jaws63, those are some very interesting ideas.
Hamer, I've been playing around with the voices available to try and find a match for Adam West.

It's a kind of crazy idea, but I think a 66Batman cartoon - if done right - would really work with this style animation. Anyone else have any comment or ideas?
svl

Post by svl »

What about taking original audio from the show, "cutting it" to make it sound Hawking-like and then inserting it? Labor intensive but could yield an awesome outcome....
IAMBATMAN

Post by IAMBATMAN »

I think doing the full "Bat To The Future" in animated form would be awesome. Of course you'd have to confer with the creators of the comic book but that idea in my opinion would be incredible if done correctly.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Hi.The Sea Hag-Tiger Shark team up is an excellent idea.They could either be a boyfriend-girlfriend or husband and wife criminal team.I would suggest Pamela Anderson to voice The Sea Hag,and David Hasselholf to voice The Tiger Shark.They would be excellent criminal adversaries to the Dynamic Duo.Elmer J.Graham Jr.,Keyport,New Jersey.e-mail:elmrgrahamjr@aol.com