You know you're too much of a Batman 66 fan when...

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatmanFan102

You know you're too much of a Batman 66 fan when...

Post by BatmanFan102 »

Something fun to try. Either every day things or once in a while things that make you think of the show.

I work as a pharmaceutical research data entry clerk. One of the companies I saw in a medical journal is West-Ward, so right away that made me think of the show, due to Adam West and Burt Ward.

Whenever I play cards that involve wild cards and I draw one, I hear the Joker's theme music and his laugh in my mind!

When I start my vehicle on a cold morning and I say to myself "Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!" then in a calmer voice I reply "Roger, ready to move out."

What are some examples that you have in your life?
Dr. Shimel

Re: You know you're too much of a Batman 66 fan when...

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Any mention of penguins, riddles and ancient Egyptian history recalls the inevitable threesome.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatmanFan102 wrote: When I start my vehicle on a cold morning and I say to myself "Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!" then in a calmer voice I reply "Roger, ready to move out."

I think it's a safe bet to say that most of us at some point have jumped into our respective cars and uttered those immortal words to ourselves.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Whenever i accidentally bump into something, I'm reminded of the bug that the Joker planted on Commissioner Gordon which had the Joker's trademark laugh continuously running to annoy Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara. Batman discovers the bug and the Dynamic Duo explain just how the Joker was able to wrap the bug around Commissioner Gordon's waist and stuff it down his trouser leg, all the while Commissioner Gordon being totally unaware of it.

As I used to recall that scene, Commissioner Gordon gets a sudden epiphany and says:

"Now that I think about it, a strange costumed character did bump into me on the subway this morning."

Subsequent viewings have confirmed that the line was actually along the lines of "Yes of course, I remember now. An oddly dressed costumed fellow did bump into me on the subway this morning."

It's a great funny moment, and hindsight is 20/20, but had I written that scene I would have added this:

Chief O'Hara: "Saints presarve us, Commissioner. Do'ya think it was the Joker what boomped into ya'?"

Commissioner Gordon: "...'t looked like him."
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Every morning when we get in the car to go to school. 9 year old sits "Robin", slams the door and says the words.....
Either myself or the 5 year old in back finishes. A great start to the day.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Ben Bentley wrote:
BatmanFan102 wrote: When I start my vehicle on a cold morning and I say to myself "Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!" then in a calmer voice I reply "Roger, ready to move out."

I think it's a safe bet to say that most of us at some point have jumped into our respective cars and uttered those immortal words to ourselves.

HA HA.. GUILTY as charged here!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

batrunner1966 wrote:Every morning when we get in the car to go to school. 9 year old sits "Robin", slams the door and says the words.....
Either myself or the 5 year old in back finishes. A great start to the day.

Brings a smile to my face. That's funny :)
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Ben Bentley wrote:

*Raises hand* guilty! LMAO!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Bat-Brony92 wrote:
Ben Bentley wrote:

*Raises hand* guilty! LMAO!

Oh no.. I utter them out loud and my wife looks at me like I'm nuts..

he he he
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

With some regularity, this statement plays in my head when something is going perfectly to plan: "It's delicious!". Along the same lines, if something is giving me a hard time I often say this to myself: "That unconstitutional device!"

*edit*

I also imagine there are a fair number of co-workers who are tired of me referring to them as Citizen. ;-)
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

When I say "Atomic Batteries To Power,Turbines To Speed' my wife says "Roger, Ready To Move Out". She's not even a Batman 66 fan, I've just got her trained.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I've been known to do the Batmobile "thing" once in a while when I'm taking my Grandkids somewhere as well. It's a good thing their Grandmother isn't there to hear it. She hated the show.

Cheers
Larry
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Whenever I read a Batman comic (usually with Robin, from the '40's to the '70's), and come across a fight scene, I try to have the Bat-music playing in my head. ;) I even add "POW!" and "ZAP!" to fight scenes during reruns on "Walker, Texas Ranger." ;)

And I take SERIOUS offense to this thread's title! There's NO SUCH THING as being too much of a Batman 66 fan! :lol:
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Gernot wrote:Whenever I read a Batman comic (usually with Robin, from the '40's to the '70's), and come across a fight scene, I try to have the Bat-music playing in my head. ;) I even add "POW!" and "ZAP!" to fight scenes during reruns on "Walker, Texas Ranger." ;)

And I take SERIOUS offense to this thread's title! There's NO SUCH THING as being too much of a Batman 66 fan! :lol:
Damn right!, it doesn't matter what age you are! or what year you were born! (I'm 22 but I'll be 23 on the 26th of this month)
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

LANGUAGE, ol' chum! :lol: