Bat Tights

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
dreddbatfan

Re: Bat Tights

Post by dreddbatfan »

Being new to Bat Tights,here's the dumb question of the day.What goes on first the bottoms or the top.Also,I'll be posting a couple new post about the material for the gloves and help with getting more room under the neck for my cowl.I'll get pictures taken as soon as I get the tights altered as well as the cowl
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Top first.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

If you have the top with the snap-crotch, you need to put on the bottoms first, much more comfortable that way.
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I'll check to see what kind Batjonsey36 sent me,thanks.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Hmmmm, I always put the bottoms on first. Maybe I have been doing it wrong?
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Hi dredd I'm so glad you got your stuff!!!the tights I sent you the bottoms go on first then the top over the bottoms! Can't wait to see pics of you IN fully BATNAN mode!!!!!!!!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Batman65 wrote:Hmmmm, I always put the bottoms on first. Maybe I have been doing it wrong?
No, you're right. It's always bottoms first and then the tunic over that.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

I should clarify my rationale for top first. I had a zipper installed on the tunic which then makes it un-necessary to undo/deal with the tunic snaps when going to the Bat-room. :)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Batjonsey36,Good news the Bat Tights fit they just need to be shorten in the sleeves and legs.I'm going to have snaps put in the crotch in the top and Velcro in the bottoms so that I have access to use the "Bat-Room"I'll post pictures after they get altered,more to come....
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I just watched Scotts Capes,Snaps and You video and I ordered snaps but where(in inches)do they go on the shoulders,back,cape & cowl?After I get everything altered I'm going to have the snaps sewn on and I want to get them in the right spot.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I hit the post office today. You should have the belt in the next 2-3 days my friend.
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Thank-you very much,I can't wait to get it.
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Dredd,

Did you get the extra bat crest stickers I put in there too?
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Yes I did,thank-you.
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I just wanted toi let evertyone know that the alterations to the Bat Tights and Cowl have begun.It will probably sometime next week before I post update pictures.I never thought that I'd actually have a 1966 Batman costume because I thought that I wasn't worthy of wearing it because of my disability and misshaped body I didn't believe that I wouldn't do it justice.Everybodys costume looks so great on them on the message board but I didn't think mine would look as good.Not being able to walk or stand,I wasn't sure if the cape would look right(and I'm still not sure).I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving,I just wanted to say from the previous word from my heart and that's Thanks for Giving-I really appreciate it.