Glove Material

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
dreddbatfan

Glove Material

Post by dreddbatfan »

I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get the material to make the Batman gloves and what specific color and material that I should get?I'm going to get them custom made because of my short arms and small hands.How far do the gloves go up to the elbow.Check out my "Bat Tights" post to see what I'm talking about.Anyone on the message board that could make them for me at a reasonable price,it would be gratefully appreciated.Thanks to anyone who can help me in my quest to get a complete 1966 Batman costume.

Danny Redd
Ben Bentley

Re: Glove Material

Post by Ben Bentley »

I may have a solution for you Danny. I'll PM you.
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Mine were made from "opera" gloves recommended by batman65. I bought three pair off of eBay and had my girlfriend tailor then (shorten and make them wider) and she made the points (three) on each glove there is a tutorial on the Internet for making bat gloves you can follow. It cost me $20 total for everything!!!!!
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Navy blue is the color
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361032017613?_t ... EBIDX%3AIThttp://www.ebay.com/itm/381409615020?_t ... EBIDX%3AITBatjonsey36,above are 2 links to navy blue opera gloves that I found on ebay.Let me know which one that you think will work.When I buy them,do you think that your girlfriend will alter mine if I send them to you?Thanks again for your help,I really,really appreciate it.
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

I asked her she said yes
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

batjonsey36 wrote:Mine were made from "opera" gloves recommended by batman65. I bought three pair off of eBay and had my girlfriend tailor then (shorten and make them wider) and she made the points (three) on each glove there is a tutorial on the Internet for making bat gloves you can follow. It cost me $20 total for everything!!!!!

Actually that was either batmanfan or batrunner1966's (I forget which one. sorry guys) idea, not mine. I can't take credit for that one.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

n/p :)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Batjonsey36,Which one of the links should I get and how many?
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

I would go w/ these, they are cheaper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Satin-Gloves ... Swa39UsuY1

When I had mine made, I bought 2 pair of the same type so the color matched (There's a good chance the colors of the gloves in those 2 links above won't match) and used the other for the fins. If you want to be more than certain you have enough material for the fins, buy all 3 pairs they have available.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Batman65 wrote:
batjonsey36 wrote:Mine were made from "opera" gloves recommended by batman65. I bought three pair off of eBay and had my girlfriend tailor then (shorten and make them wider) and she made the points (three) on each glove there is a tutorial on the Internet for making bat gloves you can follow. It cost me $20 total for everything!!!!!

Actually that was either batmanfan or batrunner1966's (I forget which one. sorry guys) idea, not mine. I can't take credit for that one.
No, I just checked my old messages and it was you who was so helpful and pointed me in the "opera" glove direction! Thank you again!
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Batjonsey36,I bought all 3 pair.PM me your address and I'll send them to you when I get them.How much will it cost to have your girlfriend make them?Does your girlfriend need tracings of my hands and arms?How far does the glove go up the arm before the elbow?Thanks a million and thank your girlfriend for me.Chek out the good nes in my "Bat Tights" post.
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Great Dredd, I'll pm you my address. The gloves are worn as is. She'll take some of the other pair and widen them a little and then add fins from the other pair She shortens them a little. Because it's the holidays and we are both very busy, I want you to be aware you'll get them back before Christmas!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Dredd, when you get the gloves, just be careful to avoid rough surfaces (and especially Velcro!) as it can damage the fabric a bit.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!