Story Hole

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gothamite

Story Hole

Post by Gothamite »

In Episode 74-75 '' That Darn Catwoman / Scat ! Darn Catwoman '', Catwoman is supposed to be dead after falling into the West River or something like that but in her next pair of episodes ( Episode 83-84 '' Catwoman Goes to College / Batman Displays his Knowledge '' ), she is in Prison. Hmmmm, why ? :?:
Dr. Shimel

Re: Story Hole

Post by Dr. Shimel »

I presume she was captured by some other police force--since Gotham City's was incompetent--given a trial and sentenced.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Gothamite wrote:In Episode 74-75 '' That Darn Catwoman / Scat ! Darn Catwoman '', Catwoman is supposed to be dead after falling into the West River or something like that but in her next pair of episodes ( Episode 83-84 '' Catwoman Goes to College / Batman Displays his Knowledge '' ), she is in Prison. Hmmmm, why ? :?:
Because when she fell into the water, the current sent her up the river! :lol: :lol: (I shall now duck for cover)
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Gothamite wrote:In Episode 74-75 '' That Darn Catwoman / Scat ! Darn Catwoman '', Catwoman is supposed to be dead after falling into the West River or something like that but in her next pair of episodes ( Episode 83-84 '' Catwoman Goes to College / Batman Displays his Knowledge '' ), she is in Prison. Hmmmm, why ? :?:
There's no hard evidence of what happened to her on screen. In fact, Gordon admits no body was found, but he could not imagine anyone surviving a fall like that, while Batman considers that the fall may have cost her "one of her lives."

History should have clued in everyone that Catwoman and death are never going to be tied to the hip, since they once thought Catwoman died by falling in the bottomless pit at the end of season one's "Better Luck Next Time." However, in chronological terms, it would not be long before she returned in the movie and early in season 2 very much alive and well.
Beneath Wayne Manor
dell

Post by dell »

Continuity between episodes was pretty poor. I think the treatment of Robin was the worst in the series. Catwoman was probably second.
dell
66wasbest

Post by 66wasbest »

Hi I noticed there are 2 story holes in That Darn Catwoman/Scat Darn Catwoman.Pat Pending mentions about Catwoman robbing a bank.The scene never appears in the eps.,but was in the orig.script.Then in pt.2 Gordon arrests Pat Pending suspecting he's Batman whom he believes is now crooked.At the end of the eps.when Gordon learns that Batman was faking it,the pat pending arrest is still not resolved.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I assume Batman and Robin showing up with Pat and Rudy still in the clink would clear them.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Because when she fell into the water, the current sent her up the river! :lol: :lol: (I shall now duck for cover)
Good one epaddon! :D
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I don't let continuity gaffs from episode to episode bother me. The way I see it a show like Batman 6 you take each episode on it;s own as if no other episodes happened ( unless specifically referred to in the episode).

Catwoman is a Purr-Fect example.

March 1966 she tries to drop Robin in a tiger pit and puts Batman in a Lady or The Tiger trap along with assorted grand thefts.

September 1966 back after having been presumed dead she tries to fry the duo under giant magnifying glasses and steal a couple of million in violins and cash

December 1966 despite several attempted murders and grand lefts in the last 9 months she is paroled ?!? and tries to turn the duo's brains to mush in a giant echo chamber. Steals the voices of Chad and Jeremy, the police commissioner and two TV personalities ( 5 counts assault) and tries to extort millions from the British government

December 1966 apparently breaks jail (not specifically mentioned) and joins up with Sandman.
Tries to strand Police Woman Mooney and Robin in her maze in which they would starve (2 counts attempted murder) plus the various crimes of Sandman to which she would be an accomplice.(May have won some leniency for divulging Sandman's caper to the police)

January 1966 apparently breaks jail again (not specifically mentioned) kidnaps and drugs Robin (assault) masterminds several grand thefts threatens Batman's life if he doesn't join her (assault although Batman has a plan) and breaks into the mint.

February 1966b ( in the last month she has apparently come back from the dead and been imprisoned.} Despite her assorted crimes including violating parole in the last year she is again paroled!?!.

There is no way to reconcile all these events as if they all happened. You have to pretend the previous episodes never occurred.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Sounds like the justice over here in England, lol
You are right, the Duo are always telling the antagonist that they are gonna serve at least 10-20 "Up the river" and 8 episodes later are released for good behaviour