Season three "LOVIN IT!"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batjonsey36

Season three "LOVIN IT!"

Post by batjonsey36 »

I've been watching the newly released season three of Batman and I love the colors, the two dimensional sets and the way they've made it more like a comic book than the previous two seasons. When Batman did the surf off with the Joker and used the Shark repellent, I almost peed myself!

Great stuff! So far my favorite is when all the Gotham criminals were released from jail including an anonymous Catwoman and they fought Batman invisible and in the dark. I also think the Riddler was anonymous too. I waited for the credits to see who played who, but sadly, no villain credits were given except for the original episode original two!

The more I watch Cesar Romero, the more I love his Joker! He's the best!!!!
BAT CAVERN

Re: Season three "LOVIN IT!"

Post by BAT CAVERN »

Coming from the Chuck Barris/George Barris confusion of 1976, I'm biased, but "SURF'S UP! JOKER'S UNDER!" arguably drops in front of all the other third season episodes.

The First Team of super-criminals in "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" has that mixed all-stars appeal to it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2qAAAOxyk ... -l1600.jpg
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Great link!

The Golden Jet and Ole elbows are two of my all time faves!
What a line up, Orr, Espo, Trembley, Gump Worsley, Giacomin...What a lineup!
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

I also forgot to mention that Batgirl, brought a whole other dimension to the show. I love her interaction with Commissioner Gordon and Batman and Robin. Plus I thought it was a stroke of genius to have Alfred know her real identity and help her. Plus Yvonne Craig looked fantastic in the bathing suit!
BAT CAVERN

Post by BAT CAVERN »

batjonsey36 wrote:Great link!

The Golden Jet and Ole elbows are two of my all time faves!
What a line up, Orr, Espo, Trembley, Gump Worsley, Giacomin...What a lineup!
Yeah, batjonsey36, that first team was made up of half of a common "Dream Team": Orr rushing the ice, Hull's wicked slap-shots with his hyper-curved stick and Mr. Hockey (fore)checking unfortunate opponents!
Also, all three were not timid about fighting, either: "POW"!
BAT CAVERN

Post by BAT CAVERN »

batjonsey36 wrote:I also forgot to mention that Batgirl, brought a whole other dimension to the show. I love her interaction with Commissioner Gordon and Batman and Robin. Plus I thought it was a stroke of genius to have Alfred know her real identity and help her. Plus Yvonne Craig looked fantastic in the bathing suit!
The bathing suits are definitely a significant factor with the (sex) appeal of the "SURF'S UP! JOKER'S UNDER!" episode.
CADA

Post by CADA »

I used to hate season 3 when i was a kid cause i never liked that batgirl was put in the mix plus i hated there wear no more cliffhangers but a couple years back and even now at 29 i don't hate season 3 as much as i used to in facted i love the king tut episodes like when he finds out batman is bruce wayne and i love so many other things they did in that season along with robin. I haven't watch them in a while but only two pop up in my mind at the moment robin getting his license and the episode with siren wear robin and batgirl have to fight without batman if i remember right they wear doing more with robin in this season which i like. don't get me wrong season 1 will always be the best then 2nd right after i know they weren't trying that hard in season 3 and from what i read adam west was trying to have the writers do better stuff i wish batman had a 4th season on nbc it might have not been good who knows :D but for me i would loved to have more episode of adam west burt ward and yvonne craig.
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

The King Tut episode with the "dummy" Batman had me in stitches. What really works in that episode is the Tut's sidekick, the gal with the "chalkboard nails" voice. She really adds to his deadpan delivery. I found myself laughing at how funny they were and what the writers did that worked. Great stuff.

I'll say it again, the sets, although two dimensional really brought the comic book "esque" feel to the show. I loved it. That along with the nonsense story lines and Batgirl's arrival to the season brought the show to a new level.

Now, the one episode that really has me loving the writers is the one episode with Zsa Zsa Gabor. She deadpans some blatant pick up lines that go over and had me laughing.

I also noticed that Star Trek used the same type of set(s) for their episode "Spectre of the Gun".
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

That King Tut episode where he found the Batcave and Part 2 of the Londonium story were my favorites as a kid from Season 3. Mostly 'cause they had the BEST Bat-fight music in those two episodes! ;)
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

I love Season 3, but I'm one of those that loves the campy character of the show. In fact, I like other shows such as Green Acres and The Munsters even when they got to the stage where the foolishness was a little too much for some (including cast members).

The Penguin episodes are among my favorites of his. And while they have their flaws, the Londinium Larcenies for the most part are very enjoyable.

Heck, I even like the Nora Clavicle episode. I understand for the time it was possibly inappropriate. But in hindsight, I find it hysterical, and more or less inoffensive, since both men and women are made to look buffoonish.

You've got policewomen holding rolling pins and putting on makeup, and a male mayor who caves to his wife because he's incapable of washing his own shirt or preparing a meal for himself.

I don't think they were trying to offend anyone or make any sort of social statement.
CADA

Post by CADA »

Yes batjonsey36 :lol: :lol: :lol: i love when king tut found the batman dummy if i remember right he started to punch it then threw it to the ground at the same time batman and robin are watching him and batman makes that upset face when he see's what king tut is doing to the batman dummy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

batjonsey36 wrote:Now, the one episode that really has me loving the writers is the one episode with Zsa Zsa Gabor. She deadpans some blatant pick up lines that go over and had me laughing.
It adds another level if you read Adam's book where he mentions that Zsa Zsa pursued him in real life!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!