(Unfortunate) Eaglemoss Update

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Flyinggrayson

Re: (Unfortunate) Eaglemoss Update

Post by Flyinggrayson »

What a coincidence Mark, you have the same name as a famous and talented comic book writer. How lucky for you! ;)
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Welcome aboard, Mark! Those Eaglemoss vehicles have been a real treat. See you in a few months at free comic book day.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It's been a great line-- I'm not a completist so I'm likely not as deep into it as many of you-- but I have some of my favorites, the 1940, 1950, 1965 Comic version, and the Brave and the Bold Batmobile. I don't have the '66 because I have SO many versions of that now.

There are a few just out or still coming that I might grab...

This one is from the terrific Batman Black and White series that has some of my favorite Batman stories of all time by a variety of artists. Someday I'll be able to participate in one of these editions. Anyway, I love the design of this car.

The Batplane- my favorite version of it straight from the cover of Batman 37!

And finally...

The Batmobile from the Filmation Batman cartoons-- I loved these as a kid even though they had Bat-Mite, and loved the earlier ones even more when I discovered them.

It's been a great line, although certainly an expensive one if you've collected the whole series.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Talking completist I'm at #78. Only 7 more to go! :D
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That must be quite a display!
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

AndyFish wrote:And finally...

The Batmobile from the Filmation Batman cartoons-- I loved these as a kid even though they had Bat-Mite, and loved the earlier ones even more when I discovered them.
Wasn't that the Batmobile in the earlier 'The Adventures of Batman, with Robin the Boy-Wonder' as well?

Did they use the same design for 'The New Adventures of Batman' which was the one with Bat-Mite and the voices of Adam West and Burt Ward?
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

tenderheart bear wrote:
AndyFish wrote:And finally...

Wasn't that the Batmobile in the earlier 'The Adventures of Batman, with Robin the Boy-Wonder' as well?

Did they use the same design for 'The New Adventures of Batman' which was the one with Bat-Mite and the voices of Adam West and Burt Ward?
Yes you're right. It was the same design.

I just got the 66 vehicles from the series. I include this because of the West & Ward association.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Yellow Oval wrote:Talking completist I'm at #78. Only 7 more to go! :D
I'd love to see what the collection looks like. Please post!
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

My Classic TV Series Batcycle arrived yesterday, and my Classic TV Series Catmobile will be here tomorrow. I love this line and will miss it. I bought all the '66 vehicles, and a few others (the 1989 Batmobile; Detective Comics #61 Batplane (I always wanted the TV series to do a Batplane, and this is the closest to what I think it would look like); Batman Returns sub, Batman #244 Robin Bike (Another that I thought would fit in well with the series); and Batman Forever and Batman and Robin Batmobiles.) I love how these are displayed in their little cases with lenticular 3D backgrounds. I have them on one of the built-in book shelves in my office (just started the third stack with the original Batcycle). I have pre-ordered the Batman Returns Batmobile, and that's it so far. I may go back and pick up a few of the older vehicles to make the stacks even. I haven't picked up any of the vehicles from the Christian Bale films--I am not a fan of the designs of those vehicles.
Better Living Through Godzilla
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

Catmobile arrived today. I have been waiting for someone to produce a diecast of this car since I was a kid (and I'm 53!). If there was one, I never saw or bought it. Funny thing, there is not a single photo from the series showing Eartha Kitt or Caesar Romero in the accompanying magazine--just a cartoon that depicts comic representations of the characters. (The Jokermobile magazine had stills showing scenes from the "Surf's Up. . ." episode ).) I'm assuming there is a licensing issue with Ms. Kitt's photos. Other than that, it's great. Once again, Eaglemoss has done a good job.
tenderheart bear

The Catmobile is great.

I've just received the Penguinmobile and the Black Widow bike. Seriously, a Black Widow bike. Who'd of thought it would have possible a few years ago, let alone a reality?

I love both and to be honest, I think more care and attention has gone into the '66 vehicles even more so than the others in the collection. I reckon someone at Eaglemoss is a '66 Batman fan.
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

Tenderheart:

Are you in the UK? My Penguinmobile and Black Widow bike are not scheduled to be delivered until late March/early April here in the US.

Steve
tenderheart bear

Yep, I'm in the UK.

Those were our latest releases, I subscribe so I get one 2 weeks late and one 2 weeks early so one delivery a month.

I posted it up-thread, but feel free to have a look at my collection. It's a few months out of date, and I've rearranged it a few time since but you'll get the idea...

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... om-the-uk/
wvrs158

Post by wvrs158 »

Question about the Catmobile. What's on the actual US magazine cover? COMIC (as advertised, pre-production artwork?) or PHOTO (on Ebay right now, the actual cover?). Are the UK and US covers different? Thanks.
thenitecrusader

Post by thenitecrusader »

I don’t know why they had to end this line. They could have just slowed down releases. Left it open ended. To accommodate when new versions of the vehicles showed up in media. I have the whole line. I dreamed of owning this line my whole life. Had craved 3D versions of some these vehicles for 50 years. For years my biggest thrill every month was cracking open the Previews catalog to see what was coming next. Even during periods when I was strapped for cash I made sure I didn’t miss these.
Eaglemoss are pigs though. When they ended the line they refused to send me an additional binder so I could finish collecting the mags. Their customer service stinks. It didn’t matter in the least to them that I purchased the entire line. Thousands of dollars of loyal $. They even admitted they still had the binders. We’re just not selling them to anyone at this time. And they pulled them from being able to order before they announced the end of the line so you didn’t know ahead of time that you better get it before it was too late. I had to order one from somebody from Australia with jacked up postage from eBay. Will think more than twice before giving them any more of my cash. Ingrates.