Adam West on 200th episode of Big Bang Theory

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

gothosmansion

Adam West on 200th episode of Big Bang Theory

Post by gothosmansion »

I just came across this news item this morning. I hope it hasn't been posted elsewhere and I missed it.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/T ... 454608374/
KustomJeff

Re: Adam West on 200th episode of Big Bang Theory

Post by KustomJeff »

I read it this week on Yahoo, but haven't seen much else about it. BBT is one of the few shows I watch. I can't wait for this episode!
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

loved his cameo on King of Queens years ago, this too will be great, If you watch TBBT, Penny once asked "who is Adam West" and the Guys about had a heart attack !!!!!!
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Well this is going to be one heck of an episode! LOL!
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Leonard: We were on our way to the Chinese restaurant when we thought we saw Adam West, so we followed him.

Penny: Who’s Adam West?

Sheldon: Who’s Adam West? Leonard, what do the two of you talk about after the coitus?

Howard: My guess is, “Hey, four minutes! New record!” That’s why I’m the funny one.

Leonard: Anyway, we followed the guy to this garage sale, and they had the coolest stuff.

Howard: They were closing up. We got this whole box for sixty bucks.

Leonard: We didn’t even get to go through it all. There could be anything in here.

Penny: There a new girlfriend in there? ‘Cause you might need one.

Leonard: No. But there is an original final draft Ghostbusters script with actual slime stains! (Raj whispers to Leonard) Oh, you’re right, it’s Ghostbusters 2. Never mind.

Howard: Oh, my God. An Alf doll. When I was 11 my mother got me one to help me sleep after my dad left. I used to pretend that my dad had moved to the planet Melmac, and Alf was going to bring him back to me. But he never did. Where’s my daddy, puppet? Where is he?

Penny: That is so sad.

Sheldon: No, what’s sad is that you don’t know Adam West was TV’s Batman.

Credits sequence
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Mike Mulitsch wrote:Leonard: We were on our way to the Chinese restaurant when we thought we saw Adam West, so we followed him.

Penny: Who’s Adam West?

Sheldon: Who’s Adam West? Leonard, what do the two of you talk about after the coitus?

Howard: My guess is, “Hey, four minutes! New record!” That’s why I’m the funny one.

Leonard: Anyway, we followed the guy to this garage sale, and they had the coolest stuff.

Howard: They were closing up. We got this whole box for sixty bucks.

Leonard: We didn’t even get to go through it all. There could be anything in here.

Penny: There a new girlfriend in there? ‘Cause you might need one.

Leonard: No. But there is an original final draft Ghostbusters script with actual slime stains! (Raj whispers to Leonard) Oh, you’re right, it’s Ghostbusters 2. Never mind.

Howard: Oh, my God. An Alf doll. When I was 11 my mother got me one to help me sleep after my dad left. I used to pretend that my dad had moved to the planet Melmac, and Alf was going to bring him back to me. But he never did. Where’s my daddy, puppet? Where is he?

Penny: That is so sad.

Sheldon: No, what’s sad is that you don’t know Adam West was TV’s Batman.

Credits sequence
Yup, that's how it went down lol
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

It looks like the episode is in the bag.

Here's a shot from set:

Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I can't wait to see it!
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

I just lost some respect for Adam West.

Nothing against him, but I just hate this show so much.
/|\=^..^=/|\
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Bat-Tiger wrote:I just lost some respect for Adam West.

Nothing against him, but I just hate this show so much.
Ooookay. But look, the Big Bang Theory, in line with millennial comics fans, not grumpy old late 40-somethings, who generally fall into the Tim Burton and/or Bruce Timm Batman worshiper category, and who have hated the Batman TV series for a couple of decades now, appreciate the Adam West Batman. And The Big Bang Theory characters have never spoken disparagingly of it or him. Just the opposite! Do you realize what a breakthrough this has been? I can remember the TV series being utterly despised by all "serious" comics fans in the 90's. Adam West was a pariah! That cannot be overstated. Has Big Bang mentioned the Tim Burton Batman even once? Maybe when Sheldon was organizing "Catwomen" in his head and decided to put Lee Meriwether ahead of Michelle Pfeiffer! Without the "60's Batman friendly" mindset this show and the millennials who watch this most popular show on television(Yeah, I know the cast members are mostly in their 30's, but still), we would not have the toys, the DVD releases, and Adam West enjoying the acclaim he so richly deserves. Remember when we thought the show would never be released on DVD? I think to some extent Big Bang Theory should be credited in some small part to that happening.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

I just can't stand how comic and sci-fi fans are portrayed on that show. I threw away my Green Lantern wallet because I got tired of people saying "big bang theory" every time I pulled it out.

Jim Parsons is one of the worst actors i have ever seen, he has all the personality of a brick.

They're laughing at us, not with us.
/|\=^..^=/|\
dell

Post by dell »

You’re certainly entitled to your own opinion Bat-Tiger, but I’m with PP and the others on this thread and I’m really looking forward to this episode.
dell
High C

Post by High C »

FWIW, if there were a '66 Batman show today, I think Kaley Cuoco would make a terrific henchmoll. Attractive and funny.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree High C. Or perhaps a Batman Villainess.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

For those of you who are looking forward to Adam's guest appearance on BBT, it airs tonight in US on CBS at 8pm EST.