Can't afford autograph or pictures

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dreddbatfan

Can't afford autograph or pictures

Post by dreddbatfan »

I plan on going to MotorCity Comic Con in May not only because I've never been but because Adam West and Burt Ward will be there on Saturday and Sunday.The unfortunate thing about it is that I'm not going to be able to have an autograph or a picture with both of them because I simply can't afford it.The website for the Con says that it will be a total of $200 for both of them.The tv series helped me through a lot of pain when I was growing up when I was going through physical therapy for my Rhuematoid Arthritis in the hospital.Even when I wasn't in the hospital and I was at home,it still helped me through the pain just sitting and watching Batman & Robin on tv do things that I wish I could do and it helped me so much.I'm 57 now and my health keeps declineing every year and my one hope was to meet them both and get an autograph and picture with both of them.This dream was on my bucket list to do before I die but unless I become rich overnight it will never happen,does the attached picture look like someone who could afford all that money?If anybody knows Adam West or Burt Ward and know how to contact them please let them know of my dilemma.I get money monthly from Social Security but I know I'll never get the money needed to do this,I should be able to get the tickets to get in the door but that's it.For all of you on the message board,I'm the one that members have been helping me get my Batman costume together from generous donations.Thanks for everyone whos been helping,I'm getting there slowly but surely.And thanks to anyone who can let Adam and Burt know my situation,I'm going to try reaching out to them on social media and hope for the best.
image2.JPG
West Fan

Re: Can't afford autograph or pictures

Post by West Fan »

I just received this from Andrew Goodwin, who asked me to post it:

"Hey West Fan - please do me a favor and let dreddbatfan know that I'll fix him up with passes to the show, an autograph photo of Adam and Burt, and a photo-opp with them both. He can reach out to me at stagesixteen@gmail.com and we can work out the details as we get closer. Hope this helps - Andrew".

I'm sure it will help - thanks Andrew!

West Fan
dell

Post by dell »

Awesome West Fan!!!
dell
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Thanks Andrew! You rock as always!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Are you going to wear your costume Dredd?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

This thread made my night. Andrew is a stand up guy! Hope you have a great time dreddbatfan!!
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I'm happy someone was able to help you dreddbatfan!

I hope you have a safe trip to the con and a special time there, not only with Adam and Burt but with the whole experience!

Have fun!

cheers
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Hopefully you will have the rest of your suit done. Can't wait to see it completed. I am sure Adam will be proud.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

great news !!!! f0dont forget tp post your photo,s with THE DYNAMIC DUO !!! 8-)
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Wow! I've said it before but this "1966 Batman Community" really is simply awesome! Within this Board and also outside of it.
I've witnessed some honest-to-goodness "Good Citizen" acts of kindness just on this Board alone!
I don't know Andrew, but what a stand-up guy.

Thanks for sharing this West Fan.

Dredd, please post your pictures.

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

WOW!!!!!Andrew I can't believe you did this for me.I never thought that I'd be able to meet Adam & Burt without me winning the lottery and to have my picture taken with both of them is a childhood dream come true.Words can't express how much I truly appreciate it.I will definitely post pictures after the Comic Con this is my first comic con and I've always wanted to go but I never had the motivation to go until I saw Adam & Burt were going to be there.As far as my costume being done by then,it probably won't be ready because of things not fitting like they should and having to have things fit to my shape it takes a little longer than normal(and my body is far from normal).So far,I have the tights,trunks,emblem & the utility belt done-I'm going to have the boots made soon and then the gloves.The cowl needs to be fixed and then the cape which might be the most time to get it to fit right because I'm in a seated position all the time.A million thanks to Andrew(email being sent soon)and to all the great members that are on the message board for making this little 57 old mans dreams come true.I hope some of the members here will be there in May so that I can thank you personally.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Way to go, Andrew! I hope you have wonderful time at the con Dreddfan! Dreams can come true.
tmmello

Post by tmmello »

Simply awesome :-)
What a great community this is.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Dredd,

If there was such a thing as a time machine, you're about to go for a ride!
First time I met those guys, I was instantly a child again. It really is a great experience!

I'm 41, so I wasn't around for the original run. I caught the re-runs in the 70's.
I'm sure my experience is the same as those who do remember the original run.

Always glad to see/hear of anyone getting the opportunity to meet these 2 gents. Let alone get a photo-opp!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

This just made my day. A special thanks to Andrew, have a great time Dredd!