Need info on coin operated batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Oldtruck

Need info on coin operated batmobile

Post by Oldtruck »

I have a batmobile body from an old coin opt ride.
This one has batman driving and the child sits behind him.
I could not find much info on this,other than maybe an early 1966 ride.
Please school me thanks
Lou Szabo

Re: Need info on coin operated batmobile

Post by Lou Szabo »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (31.68 KiB) Viewed 9211 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.44 KiB) Viewed 9211 times
Which one. These might be 1970s. The Sideview version sold on eBay in 2012.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Oldtruck

Post by Oldtruck »

It is the side view version
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

i have seen 2 versions of kiddie ride BATMOBILE,S the one you have ,,and there was a BARRIS version also years ago....they were seen in store fronts in the 60s-70s...it was up until the early 90s that i continued to see the BARRIS version...you can also sometimes find them listed on certain auction sites..all i do know is that the barrio one had 1966 stamped on coin box...i. would assume yours is also 66 ??? or not much later than that.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

p.s you may also want to check..coin op rentals in your area..they may be able to direct you the ORIGIN ??????????
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Looks to be perhaps an AL FISCHER & CO. kiddie coin-op car. Here is a manufactures plate on one of the rides showing the others they made.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

chetchumley wrote:i have seen 2 versions of kiddie ride BATMOBILE,S the one you have ,,and there was a BARRIS version also years ago....they were seen in store fronts in the 60s-70s...it was up until the early 90s that i continued to see the BARRIS version...you can also sometimes find them listed on certain auction sites..all i do know is that the barrio one had 1966 stamped on coin box...i. would assume yours is also 66 ??? or not much later than that.
Here's the Barris version
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (31.82 KiB) Viewed 9105 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.37 KiB) Viewed 9105 times
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (79.22 KiB) Viewed 9105 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (41.25 KiB) Viewed 9105 times
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Quick little tale-- I'm walking through the Brimfield Antique Fair here in MA that runs 3x a year-- it's miles long and you can find just about anything there. So I run across the Barris Version of the Coin Op Batmobile which I remember from my youth-- it's in pretty decent condition, not restored mind you, but overall pretty nice. I get to talking to the seller and he's anxious to sell so I throw out a crazy low price and he takes it!!

I rent a heavy duty pull cart nearby and I'm walking it along Route 20 heading back to my car which I'm absolutely certain this is not only NOT going to fit in the trunk but it's too heavy to even lift (3 guys loaded it onto my cart). I have a buddy with a pickup truck that I figure I'll call once I get back to the car but the whole transaction had happened so fast and the guy was offering it at such a low price I couldn't pass it up.

As I'm walking with this-- the wheels are STRAINING on the cart and I'm struggling to even get this back to where my car is parked and I start having ridiculous buyers remorse-- what am I going to do with this? What was I thinking?

I pull over at a little bridge to rest a second, I'm wiping my brow and looking at this thing and a guy comes along and asks if it's for sale-- before I can say a word he offers me about 5x what I paid for it. I settle for 3x what I paid (I'm not greedy, but I'm not slow either) and the guy buys me dinner at a nearby restaurant as a thanks.

We get to talking and he's got one of the biggest Batman collections anywhere-- over the years he's become a good friend and he's helped me find rare items time and time again, plus I made some money just for dragging this thing a half mile down Route 20.
Edprophouse

Post by Edprophouse »

The Batmobile is an Al Fischer kiddie ride from early 1966. Al had made kiddie rides for years like the flying Superman the ESSO Tiger ect. In 1966 he made the Batmobile, Bozo the Clown in the same car used for the Batmobile and The Green Hornet. They we're all made unlicensed so Hollywood came after him and threatened to sue him so he shut down so they we're only made in 1966. So the story goes. Also The Green Hornet is the Holy Grail of Kiddie rides. Rumor is they only released 3 and only one of them is accounted for. A nice restored Al Fischer flying Superman sold at the Kissimmee Mecum Auction in 2017 for $30,000.I really believe the Al Fischer rides are going to really go up in value. Most people have never heard of Al Fischer so there aren't very many people collecting his rides yet. I think the Batmobile is the most desirable one and will go up in value the most other than the Green Hornet.

Happy Collecting,
Ed
JeepKelly

Post by JeepKelly »

For Sale : Three 1966 Barris style coin operated Batmobile Kiddie rides. Untested, frayed power cords. Two have coin mechs. One has the wooden box coming apart at the corners, other two are solid. Found in warehouse. $ ***Admin Edit: Please adhere to our Merchandise Rules. Pricing for private transactions is to be discussed privately via PM or Email. BB *** for all three! Sorry picture is too large to load!
Randy

Post by Randy »

Volo auto museum in Illinois has one of those. They may be able to help you with info