Any word on Batman '66 animated movie?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

chetchumley

Re: Any word on Batman '66 animated movie?

Post by chetchumley »

hey WALLY,,, can u please tell em we wanna see plenty of extras,,,such as behind the scenes video of ADAM & BURT doing the voices,,etc,,etc, ????,,unfortunately we have no such footage from their !977 animated adventures ! ;)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

With the Killing Joke coming out in August, is this 66 feature a Christmas release or sooner....no trailers to date. TKJ had trailers in April for an August release, or 4 months. Is that a typical lead time with a trailer to release time?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Got an insider on this one-- I just got a peek at some elements and it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. From what I've seen, it's a little light hearted, but I'm happy its in the works anyway.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Bat-Tiger wrote: If they have Batgirl, I wonder who will replace Yvonne Craig's voice.
What a pity they couldn't have recorded Yvonne before her passing ....

Terry
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Aussie Batfan wrote:
Bat-Tiger wrote: If they have Batgirl, I wonder who will replace Yvonne Craig's voice.
What a pity they couldn't have recorded Yvonne before her passing ....

Terry
There is no Batgirl in these and Yvonne wasn't approached in the earlier stages of this while she was still alive. Just a fact.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Thanks Scott for the clarification. Appreciated.
Terry
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote:Got an insider on this one-- I just got a peek at some elements and it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. From what I've seen, it's a little light hearted, but I'm happy its in the works anyway.
What is the animation style?
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Is it just one Batman 66 DVD in the works? Or two? A year ago, it was mentioned that there might be more than one.

Jthree
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Jthree wrote:Is it just one Batman 66 DVD in the works? Or two? A year ago, it was mentioned that there might be more than one.

Jthree
Two are certainly planned. One is currently in production and another still developing but soon to begin I believe.
Darren Nemeth

Post by Darren Nemeth »

Great news!! I was wondering about the status of this also.
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
http://batboat.blogspot.com/
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

While as a general rule, I enjoy all the animated DC titles Warner put out (some more than others), this is by far my most anticipated release.

The New Adventures of Batman (Filmation) was pretty bad, despite the voice work of Adam and Burt, but Adam's stint on Superfriends: Galactic Guardians was great. The episode starring Scarecrow called The Fear (which featured the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne) was outstanding.

I'm sure Adam, Burt and Julie will pull it out of the bag for this/these movies. I just hope the story and animation doesn't let them down.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

tenderheart bear wrote: The New Adventures of Batman (Filmation) was pretty bad, despite the voice work of Adam and Burt, but Adam's stint on Superfriends: Galactic Guardians was great. The episode starring Scarecrow called The Fear (which featured the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne) was outstanding.
I think the New Adventures of Batman has been unfairly viewed. Sure, it wasn't the classic tv series, but it was a pretty good 70s Saturday Morning Cartoon. Some of the episodes are very good, even for adults and Adam and Burt's voice work is terrific.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

I think, for me, it was the overuse of some of the voice artists.

It was obvious (to my older ears) that many of the characters had variations on the same voice. While I agree Adam and Burt were great as always, it was the Joker that really got on my nerves. The way his voice constantly goes up and down without rhyme nor reason is quite grating (along with laugh). It was the same in the Scooby-Doo movies, but that was only 2 appearances and his screen-time was more limited.

Oh, and Bat-Mite is just plain annoying in the show. I love his appearances in Batman: The Brave and the Bold though.