ROOM 222/BATMAN Connection?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

LittleLouisGroovy

ROOM 222/BATMAN Connection?

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

The ASPIRE cable network has been airing reruns of ROOM 222. Beginning with the second season, some of the episodes feature scenes in Alice Johnson's (Karen Valentine) classroom. Alice is an English teacher, and one of the objects in her classroom is a bust of William Shakespeare. Call me crazy, but I think it's the same bust that was used on BATMAN. Both shows were 20th Century-Fox productions, so it's possible that the bust was sitting in the prop department and discovered by the set decorator. I like the idea of an iconic part of BATMAN living on in another series.

If I had the capability of posting screen caps, I would, but maybe someone else here can check it out.
Batfanman

Re: ROOM 222/BATMAN Connection?

Post by Batfanman »

Mr. Dixon was also one of King Tut's henchmen.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Judy Strangis, who played a student on Room 222 was the sister of Batman production manager Sam Strangis.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Good find! Is the problem making screen caps, or posting? I can post them if you can make them.

Of course the show's other connection to Batman is Lloyd Haynes, who was the Lord Chancellor in "King Tut's Coup"/"Batman's Waterloo" and teacher Pete Dixon in Room 222.

EDIT: Well, Batfanman beat me to it while I was making stills. Carry on...
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

:)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Holy cats! And here I thought this was going to be just about the bust! I never knew all this about the two shows.
Music. BAT! Music.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

In the Six Degrees of Separation Batman Theory, Michael Constantine, who played the principal on the show, was in the first part of the final episode of The Fugitive. In a small role on that same show was Skip Ward, who was one of the Joker's surfer henchmen (Riptide) just a few months later. :D
Attachments
Joker Surfer.jpg
Skip Ward The Fugitive.jpg
Michael Constantine.jpg
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

clavierankh wrote:Judy Strangis, who played a student on Room 222 was the sister of Batman production manager Sam Strangis.
Not only that, Judy was one of the girls featured in the Chad and Jeremy episode. She was front and center with another girl and got some good air time.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

greatlakes6 wrote:
clavierankh wrote:Judy Strangis, who played a student on Room 222 was the sister of Batman production manager Sam Strangis.
Not only that, Judy was one of the girls featured in the Chad and Jeremy episode. She was front and center with another girl and got some good air time.
Yep! That's her on the left.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

And let's not forget Judy Strangis as Dyna-Girl which was obviously modeled to be a female version of Robin! Electra-Woman and Dyna-Girl wasn't one of the better shows of my youth, but for SOME REASON I watched it every week...hmmmm....

For that matter as I recall, Michael Constantine also played the first villain in the first two-part episode that the lovely ladies encountered.
LittleLouisGroovy

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

chrisbcritter wrote:Good find! Is the problem making screen caps, or posting? I can post them if you can make them.
My computer isn't connected to my TV, so I can't make screen caps... :(

Continuing this thread, Burgess Meredith guest-starred in the first episode of Season Three, as a politician who locks horns with the students and faculty of Walt Whitman High. I guess you could say he's that episode's special guest villain!
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

William D'Angelo was a producer/executive producer of Room 222 and Charles Rondeau directed a bunch of episodes.