SDCC merch?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: SDCC merch?

Post by Lou Szabo »

greatlakes6 wrote:Wow! That diorama looks great. Looks to be about 1/43, would definitely be a must have for me. I sure hope this one gets made.
That's the 1/50 scale Batmobile by Mattel - the short rocket launch tubes give it away. So it's slightly smaller than 1/43, but will work with 1/43. Did you see pics of the backside yet - that's pretty neat too!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote:
greatlakes6 wrote:Wow! That diorama looks great. Looks to be about 1/43, would definitely be a must have for me. I sure hope this one gets made.
That's the 1/50 scale Batmobile by Mattel - the short rocket launch tubes give it away. So it's slightly smaller than 1/43, but will work with 1/43. Did you see pics of the backside yet - that's pretty neat too!
Here are some additional images that give us a closer look from ToyArk.com (click each image to enlarge):

BatMite

Post by BatMite »

It's odd that it includes the 14 Miles sign but not the Danger sign...
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

BatMite wrote:It's odd that it includes the 14 Miles sign but not the Danger sign...
Batmite, if you look just to the right of the 14 Miles sign you'll see a white barrier gate from behind. I'm betting if they showed it from the front the gate has the yellow and black chevrons and 'Danger' writing on it. It's a little error as the gate should be closer to the entrance/exit and the 14 Miles sign should be further towards the edge of the diorama.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Would prefer 1/25 Batcave.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

I was told by one of the guys at Factory Entertainment that the diorama was probably going to go have a $495 price tag and eventually include lights.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Be neat if this was done really small scale like a 1:87 or 1:64 by Franklin Mint or Danbury or the like. I wouldn't be interested in a larger size or price myself. But it's a sharp looking item.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Scott Sebring wrote:I was told by one of the guys at Factory Entertainment that the diorama was probably going to go have a $495 price tag and eventually include lights.
Makes sense in terms of price tag. Lighting would really complete the package. Very much looking forward to seeing where this product goes.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I hope it sees the light of day, but of course, way out my price range. Still very nice :D
Music. BAT! Music.
simm

Post by simm »

For that price, in addition to lighting, it would be a good selling point if they were to include some figures with it that are the same scale as the diorama.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Great piece!

I've thought about making the cave but I like the Mattel Batmobile and figures so that would make a set that takes up roughly a 4x8" sheet of plywood for the entire cave.
Not too practical!

It's a nice scale car and set.
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

$495? They are really begging for most of the units to sit in a factory. When it comes to TV-related or based items, I would gladly pay $200 or more for a complete series soundtrack (the average based on existing soundtracks of other series), as that is so much a important part of the series, but a diorama? That's overpriced.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:$495? They are really begging for most of the units to sit in a factory. When it comes to TV-related or based items, I would gladly pay $200 or more for a complete series soundtrack (the average based on existing soundtracks of other series), as that is so much a important part of the series, but a diorama? That's overpriced.
Then it is not for you. No worries. Price and value are relative. Importance to the series is relative (I know many people where it's ALL about the car). This isn't meant as a mass market piece. I'm guessing a very limited edition as much of Factory Entertainment's lines generally go. Just saying.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

I can do without the lights, and a price tag around $149 would be justified. If it is a limited production item, then I could see $199. It doesn't have to be and shouldn't be a heavy porcelain type diorama like the Danbury Mint and Franklin Mint have produced in the past.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Finally managed to get these images off my phone. These are from the Diamond booth.
20160720_201252.jpg
20160720_201244.jpg
20160720_201241.jpg