Tweeterhead's Cesar Romero Joker

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Yellow Oval

Tweeterhead's Cesar Romero Joker

Post by Yellow Oval »

Well fellow Bat-Fans, it's out of my price range but I still like it very much. What's the collective verdict on the latest offering? I especially like the props from his very first episode hideout.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles ... ad-902789/
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Hedji

Re: Tweeterhead's Cesar Romero Joker

Post by Hedji »

I love all of these. I wish they'd do just one or two a year though. I'm having trouble keeping up. I thought the Batman one was solid, but then I added the Robin to it last week and... WOW! What a display the pair make. It's amazing how the addition of Boy Wonder improved its presence exponentially.
LA Batfan

Post by LA Batfan »

Saw it in person at SDCC! Love that they added his utility belt!
Attachments
joker.jpg
svl

Post by svl »

Something odd about the face- too menacing? It's in the eyes, just throws me off.

Also don't get the battle axe. Still a cool piece (love the utility belt), but...
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

svl wrote:Something odd about the face- too menacing? It's in the eyes, just throws me off.

Also don't get the battle axe. Still a cool piece (love the utility belt), but...
SVL, check some of Romero's images on Google or Bing. Many times he had those wild, menacing eyes. It's what creeped out a lot of kids back then. I actually know a couple guys to this day who still say they don't like Romero's Joker as he scared the bejeesus out of them way back when. Maybe that's a testament to how well he did the role?

As for the axe, recall it's from the finale of the first appearance in season 1 when Joker threatens on camera to behead a 'supposedly' unconscious Dynamic Duo on the floor behind him. You can see the axe being raised by a hooded executioner standing over them.

The first photos I saw didn't have the Joker belt. That is one beauty of an addition!
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I love the episode specific prop references on top of all the other good stuff that this statue has to offer.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I'm lovin the props and all, but not seeing the likeness. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something odd about the length of his face. It's not the eyes to me. Just seems like his face is elongated.
Music. BAT! Music.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

I saw it in person and it rocked. Here's a closeup of the face.
dc-comics-the-joker-1966-maquette-tweeterhead-902789-04.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think it's great-- these are stellar offerings-- I'm not interested in them because of the amount of space they take up, but I think they are terrific.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I love this Joker, even the clown head because it's all in his hideout in his first appearance. I think the belt is too much, plus I think it never hung on the wall like that, so I went with Sideshows version. Hope Penguin and King Tut are the next two. I may stop after them. Not interested in Alfred or Bookworm. Maybe Mr. Freeze and Mad Hatter if they come out really nice.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

Has anyone seen the Diamond Select Joker figure that was on display at the co recently? It is really good!
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Pretty sure the axe blade was smaller ;)