New 6" Batmobile with figures

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

New 6" Batmobile with figures

Post by Lou Szabo »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... m_content=

Opening compartments, and two sets of figures, one sitting, one standing.
Product Size: 5.90" Long
Material: Main Part: PVC, ABS / Joint:: Nylon, POM
By Kaiyodo, not Mattel

Includes:
-Batmobile
-Batman/Robin (standing / with base) x1 each
-Batman/Robin (sitting) x1 each

Features:
-Doors, bonnet, and trunk open
-Spinning wheels
Product Number: KAI10680
Shipping Weight: 0.91 pounds

The advertisement does states it rolls. You know why, if it rolls, it may open the door to a very Hot Toy....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
5.9" long, which is about 1/40 scale
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
John Mack

Re: New 6" Batmobile with figures

Post by John Mack »

Now, this is sweet! Those sitting figures look like very detailed Corgi figures! Thanks for posting.
Music. BAT! Music.
svl

Post by svl »

What scale would 5.9" be?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

About 1/40. Overall length of the real car is 225 inches. This is larger than 1/43 Corgi/Eaglemoss/Hot Wheels elite, but smaller than 1/32 Aurora,Polistil and Simms

More significant is the fact that the wheels SPIN....so does that pave the way for a rolling Hot Toys 1/6 Batmobile?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some more pictures. Supposed to ship end of September
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Why does Hot Toys care if they couldn't have rolling wheels? I personally would just be putting mine on a shelf and it would be great if the wheels didn't roll. The Batmobile model kits all have rolling wheels. I wonder if that is a different classification then a toy? Probably. ..so Hot Toys could make it so we'd have to put a few pieces on. I dunno. Whenever something doesn't make sense, somewhere money is involved.
Anyway. Great Batmobile! I added the Japanese brochure. Lord Deathman can you translate for us? Btw, Big Bad Toybox is, as usual, a little higher in their pricing. Take about $15 off their price and that's what it will retail for.
Attachments
1.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
simm

Post by simm »

$100?????? For a 1:40 car????
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

simm wrote:$100?????? For a 1:40 car????
Import don't ya know. ;)
Music. BAT! Music.
antman67

Post by antman67 »

I have always wanted one where the doors, and hood open. $100 is steep but sometimes you have to pay for EXACTLY what you always wanted
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
svl

Post by svl »

Szabol wrote:About 1/40. Overall length of the real car is 225 inches. This is larger than 1/43 Corgi/Eaglemoss/Hot Wheels elite, but smaller than 1/32 Aurora,Polistil and Simms

More significant is the fact that the wheels SPIN....so does that pave the way for a rolling Hot Toys 1/6 Batmobile?
Thanks, Sza. :)
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

John Mack wrote:Why does Hot Toys care if they couldn't have rolling wheels? I personally would just be putting mine on a shelf and it would be great if the wheels didn't roll. The Batmobile model kits all have rolling wheels. I wonder if that is a different classification then a toy? Probably. ..so Hot Toys could make it so we'd have to put a few pieces on. I dunno. Whenever something doesn't make sense, somewhere money is involved.
I think most scale model and die-case car collectors want the wheels to roll but I agree with John in that IF Hot Toys made it with rolling wheels, I hope they put in a brake or pin system in it to keep the wheels from rolling 'cos I wouldn't want it rolling off a shelf!

Didn't someone here have a contact who said that the Hot Toys resolved the rolling wheel issue with Mattel a while back?
If so, I wonder what the new hang up is?

As to this replica itself, it looks VERY COOL!...

...but there are 2 things that kind of bug me!

First, while I like that it has a turbine power system installed, its size makes the lower portion of it fall below the typical bottom of the body line, which makes it look like it could bottom out easily enough with that great suspension that the car has! ;)

Second, while I LOVE having both sitting AND standing figures come with the car, it looks like he standing ones are a different/larger scale than the sitting ones! Hopefully, this is just something with the photography! I want the standing figures to be in-scale with their sitting counterparts AND to the car itself!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I agree with both points MV, but I do believe the standing figures are not in scale. They look like they tower over everything. :(
Yes, the turbine engine does hang very low. I at first thought it was the Bat-tering ram under the car. Shame that wasn't the case. But we do have that on the model kits!
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Hey guys...look at the Big Bad Toy Store listing. There's a place to check that reads, check here to upgrade to collector grade for $2. Anyone know what the heck that means?
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

For a little extra, they'll make sure your packaging is pristine, or "mint." So in this case "collector" means "someone who never takes it out of the box, so the box needs to be perfect."
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Sprang. Very good idea.
Music. BAT! Music.