Batman moving on ME-TV

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

Batman moving on ME-TV

Post by Dr. Shimel »

The show is going back to two episodes per week, but instead of 6:30 p.m. Eastern, it's moving to Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) at midnight beginning 9/10. Superman is axed, with The Wild Wild West taking that hour-long block:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/metvnetwork/vc ... %20E-P.pdf
AndyFish

Re: Batman moving on ME-TV

Post by AndyFish »

Not good news in Boston since they air Svengoolie at 11 not 10 so they can run a newscast and bump Lost in Space at Midnight-- so Batman will be bumped. Wild West won't fare much better because they run local programming from 6-630 so I'm guessing they'll air something that runs a half hour instead of the second half of WWW, which is a shame, it's a good show.

Neat that they're showing Land of the Giants at 1 which is also good and Planet of the Apes at 5am which is yet another favorite of mine.

Honestly, I've not been watching Me's Saturday night lineup much lately since we're usually out but I do tend to catch at least part of Sven. If we had little kids Sat nights would definitely be a TV-night.
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

Speaking of kids,...
My Daughter just turned 13 and her favorite TV show is "Lost in Space".
She loves all of Me TV's Super Sci/Fi Saturday Nights but LIS is her favorite.
Very unlikely in today's world but she waits ALL week to watch it.
Well, now that they've moved it to 3:00 AM, there's no way we can let her stay up to watch it because it won't end until 4:00 AM. Especially with school starting soon.

SO, I had to bite the bullet and purchase the entire series on Blu Ray and now she can watch it whenever she wants to.
Jesusismysuperhero

Post by Jesusismysuperhero »

Boy Wonder wrote:Speaking of kids,...
Well, now that they've moved it to 3:00 AM, there's no way we can let her stay up to watch it because it won't end until 4:00 AM. Especially with school starting soon.

SO, I had to bite the bullet and purchase the entire series on Blu Ray and now she can watch it whenever she wants to.
We have the same problem in my family! Why do they put kid-friendly shows on so late at night? Luckily, my family has DVR to record everything so we can watch it later but I feel bad for people who can't.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

If late Saturday night is not feasible, how about early Saturday morning? Me-TV's sister station Heroes and Icons is adding two episodes to its Saturday morning schedule starting September 10 at 7 AM. Batman will follow back to back episodes of the Green Hornet (5AM) and the Adventures of Superman (6 AM). Each series will start with its first episode.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Jesusismysuperhero wrote:

We have the same problem in my family! Why do they put kid-friendly shows on so late at night? Luckily, my family has DVR to record everything so we can watch it later but I feel bad for people who can't.
Well I don't have any children, but I myself DO still enjoy playing retro nights on the weekends. That is, I'll sometimes pick a year from my youth and and stay up late watching the old movies that I might have watched back then. Last night I went to You Tube and watched the 20 second intro of Moona Lisa from San Diego and then I watched "Target Earth" while I tossed back a cold beer (okay so I wouldn't have been drinking a beer back in 1977 when I originally watched the late night horror/monster movies, but I do tweek those retro nights a bit :mrgreen: )
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

I have a DVR with my Direct TV.
However, Direct TV doesn't carry Me TV so we watch that with an antenna and no DVR.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think it's great that she loves Lost in Space, BW, I wonder if removing the anticipation of waiting a week for the next episode will affect her feeling towards the show. Kind of like eating at your favorite restaurant and then suddenly eating there seven nights a week.

Lost in Space is on Hulu for those of you who have that, along with some other great shows like Time Tunnel, The Outer Limits and Land of the Giants.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

AndyFish wrote:I think it's great that she loves Lost in Space, BW, I wonder if removing the anticipation of waiting a week for the next episode will affect her feeling towards the show. Kind of like eating at your favorite restaurant and then suddenly eating there seven nights a week.

Lost in Space is on Hulu for those of you who have that, along with some other great shows like Time Tunnel, The Outer Limits and Land of the Giants.
The "free" Hulu is evolving:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/h ... ice-917917
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Superman needs the vacation. Its not a series that has many great moments, so that on a steady schedule did not help its case.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jesusismysuperhero

Boy Wonder wrote:

I have a DVR with my Direct TV.
However, Direct TV doesn't carry Me TV so we watch that with an antenna and no DVR.
I'm sorry. :( Well at least the Blue Rays you bought were for a show your daughter really loves. Im sure she will really appreciate you buying them for her! :)
Jesusismysuperhero

Gorshin Romero wrote:

Well I don't have any children, but I myself DO still enjoy playing retro nights on the weekends. That is, I'll sometimes pick a year from my youth and and stay up late watching the old movies that I might have watched back then. Last night I went to You Tube and watched the 20 second intro of Moona Lisa from San Diego and then I watched "Target Earth" while I tossed back a cold beer (okay so I wouldn't have been drinking a beer back in 1977 when I originally watched the late night horror/monster movies, but I do tweek those retro nights a bit :mrgreen: )
That doesn't sound like a bad weekend. Nostalgia is always fun even when you tweak it a bit.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Gorshin Romero wrote:
That doesn't sound like a bad weekend. Nostalgia is always fun even when you tweak it a bit.
So true; in fact the following night I relived my college days with Chinese takeout, a couple of Rolling Rocks and Busch Lite, and the movies of the evening were "Sleepaway Camp" and "Curse of the Undead"====silly fun, but fun just the same.
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

I do have a question for anyone who might know the answer. When ME-TV or this channel airs Batman are they still airing the old washed out syndication prints or are they using the new prints of the bluray?
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

weirdkorey wrote:I do have a question for anyone who might know the answer. When ME-TV or this channel airs Batman are they still airing the old washed out syndication prints or are they using the new prints of the bluray?
The Old Washed Out Prints.