New Toy Alert - The Batcave!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batfanman

New Toy Alert - The Batcave!

Post by Batfanman »

Holy Hotwheels - check out this, Batfans! :)

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-look ... ment-76656
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Lou Szabo

Re: New Toy Alert - The Batcave!

Post by Lou Szabo »

image.jpeg
There is a nice series of pictures in the SDCC thread, but this link has more details

1/50 scale...it would have much broader appeal in 1/43, but it is workable in either scale.
I like the lighting concept, and if they don't add an AC option, I will concert it.

Now my real dilemma...batcave or HotToys Premium Batman. :mrgreen:

I still say this would look stunning under a glass top coffee table.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

image.jpeg
Lighting is neat!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote:image.jpeg
Lighting is neat!
Get that Atomic Pile lit up like the proveribial Christmas Tree and now we're talking. I know the scaling and detailing isn't perhaps spot on, but the thought of being able to own something like this after all these years makes for a great centerpiece.

Seeing this prototype lit up like this takes me back to how blown away I was by the custom Batcave Bob Kimball built back in the late 1990's.

simm

Post by simm »

This is hard to believe it is really going to production. To me, this is the holy grail piece of all of the recent 1966 licensed pieces. Never thought anyone would take this on and bring it to market. Marvelous!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

simm wrote:This is hard to believe it is really going to production.
Subject to licensor final approval/sign off. But fingers crossed!
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Seriously drool worthy but At this point, with all the Batman '66 figures and the Batmobile, I'd be happy with a Cardboard/plastic Hybrid Backdrop that I could set up around/behind the 6" scale stuff I have on top of my bookshelf!
(It would probably only need to cost $40-$50)
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Yes, definitely a dilemma as to whether to invest in this awesome diorama or the Hot Toys Joker and/or the remainder of the Moebius model kits. The collecting list, besides being expensive, is becoming endless....
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Seriously drool worthy but At this point, with all the Batman '66 figures and the Batmobile, I'd be happy with a Cardboard/plastic Hybrid Backdrop that I could set up around/behind the 6" scale stuff I have on top of my bookshelf!

Yeah, it would be cool if UK Steve offered a 1:12 batcave background to go with his other scales (assuming there's still someone on the other end of that old link at all).

Wandering off topic at bit, which TOS Enterprise is that in the corner of your shot and are you happy with it? I'm looking for one to display and can't decide which way to go. And money IS an object. :-)
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

It's amazing, and I'd love to own one, but $400-$500? That's going to seriously limit the number sold.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

They're only making 500. They can probably move that many.
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

SprangFan wrote:

Yeah, it would be cool if UK Steve offered a 1:12 batcave background to go with his other scales (assuming there's still someone on the other end of that old link at all).

Wandering off topic at bit, which TOS Enterprise is that in the corner of your shot and are you happy with it? I'm looking for one to display and can't decide which way to go. And money IS an object. :-)
That's an Art Asylum 40th Anniversary Enterprise and I Freakin LOVE IT!!!!
ahem! They're costly as Hell these days The lowest I saw on Ebay was $129.00 + $19.95 shipping
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatMite wrote:It's amazing, and I'd love to own one, but $400-$500? That's going to seriously limit the number sold.
I think that's the point... Given that they're only looking to produce 500.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

That's an Art Asylum 40th Anniversary Enterprise and I Freakin LOVE IT!!!!
ahem! They're costly as Hell these days The lowest I saw on Ebay was $129.00 + $19.95 shipping
If Art Asylum is the same as Diamond Select, it looks like they're about to re-issue it -- or at least in the "HD" version -- for about half that. I'm not sure how I feel about the weird "rust ring" on the saucer (I've never seen that on the show, even the restored versions) but otherwise I'm tempted.
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

yeah they're the same. Art Asylum is the manufacturer Diamond Select is the distributor. if you go to the Art Asylum site they have periodic question and answer blogs regarding up and coming products