Hot Toys cancels 1966 Batmobile but Yvonne Batgirl planned

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BatToys

Hot Toys cancels 1966 Batmobile but Yvonne Batgirl planned

Post by BatToys »

My friend Ed visited the Hot Toys Batman exhibit and is friends with a top HT executive. Ed just posted on a Batman board the 1/6 1966 Batmobile was canceled due to expense and low demand. But he said Hot Toys is considering a Julie Newmar Catwoman and Batgirl is definitely "on the cards." This news can be considered official.
BatToys

Re: Hot Toys cancels 1966 Batmobile but Yvonne Batgirl planned

Post by BatToys »

1966 Batgirl due in 2017. Can't wait to see prototype.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I am so tired of Hot Toys already. We hear endless rumors of things coming and different info all the time. Joker confirmed, great news, but Andy said Penguin was coming, you say it's Batgirl. Rumors of a Lee Catwoman planned, you say Julie. No mention of Riddler. No official cancel from Hot Toys themselves on the Batmobile. Some say they can only do figures from the movie (well that would leave out Batgirl and Julie's Catwoman) I just don't know what to think anymore where this company is concerned. I don't even want or care about Batgirl, I would much rather have Penguin, Riddler and any Catwoman, and the Batmobile. Hot Toys really needs to stop playing with us and jerking us around. I am at the point where I don't trust anything anyone says anymore where Hot Toys is concerned.
Darknite69

Post by Darknite69 »

If this is true, I'll be getting one ! I can hardly wait!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I don't think there is any intentional misleading on the part of Hot Toys-- the Batmobile was expensive, interest was low.
Keep in mind that with all these announcements and discussions most of it is not official company releases, rather insider information, and there is a language barrier.
Factor in that there are often sculpts done for characters before they have the rights secured and that creates a big quagmire of information.

Have they done any figures from TV? I am far from an expert on their output but I think I've only seen film licensed properties.

As for figures in the line, always a fluid issue as with pretty much any company-- Mattel had sketches done for another round of villains before that line was cancelled, when we first got word of the Cowl it was rumored to be only an inhouse thing.

So while I can understand frustration I don't share it-- if certain characters make it into production I'm in, and if not I save a lot of money. Whether or not they actually get made has little bearing on my life.
bnkpro

Post by bnkpro »

As far as TV goes they are doing Daredevil figures from the Netflix series.
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

As long as they make another ironman, they are at 48......really
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

AndyFish wrote:I don't think there is any intentional misleading on the part of Hot Toys-- the Batmobile was expensive, interest was low.
Keep in mind that with all these announcements and discussions most of it is not official company releases, rather insider information, and there is a language barrier.
Factor in that there are often sculpts done for characters before they have the rights secured and that creates a big quagmire of information
Didn't they do a prototype that they showed two years ago? I can see why people would be disappointed
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Bookworm wrote:
AndyFish wrote:I don't think there is any intentional misleading on the part of Hot Toys-- the Batmobile was expensive, interest was low.
Factor in that there are often sculpts done for characters before they have the rights secured and that creates a big quagmire of information
Didn't they do a prototype that they showed two years ago? I can see why people would be disappointed
They have shown it on various occasions (conventions) over the last few years, even as recently as last week in Japan.

Gryck

Post by Gryck »

IS the Batgirl Hottoy rumour said to be done at this point or is there chance we will see it at SDCC?

Whatever happened to the Joker and the Royal Blue Adam West they had on display a couple years ago?

Just thought of the Yvonne that was said to happen but it seems like it may be debunked now?

Anyone hear anything?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

If there is any reveal, it will be next week
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:43 pm If there is any reveal, it will be next week
We'll be sure to keep you posted if there is any news out of San Diego Comic Con this week.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I seem to receive an email daily from Sideshow on some new Batman figure, even today. Who knows, maybe its seven days of the Bat... Booth 1929. I don't see a separate HotToys booth, so they may share space.

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2017/exhibitors
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:31 am I seem to receive an email daily from Sideshow on some new Batman figure, even today. Who knows, maybe its seven days of the Bat... Booth 1929. I don't see a separate HotToys booth, so they may share space.

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2017/exhibitors
That's totally correct, the Sideshow booth is usually covers some serious real estate with Hot Toys somewhere within in it.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Seems like they're doing about 5 more Batman figures at Sideshow, at least from the email updates I get-- none of which interest me.

As for Hot Toys-- you can't blame them for cancelled product. This stuff is extremely expensive to make and if the orders aren't there they can't go into the production stage. It's been a longtime since I've spoken to my contact there but I remember the AW Batman doing well, Robin not so much and I think they did a brilliant job on The Joker and he should have enough appeal across the board to make it into production, but if he's not at SDCC then any hope for him is likely lost.