JULIE NEWMAR ORNAMENT

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Mike Mulitsch

JULIE NEWMAR ORNAMENT

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

HAVING TROUBLE UPLOADING PIC, BUT THE PREVIEW ORNAMENTS ARE UP, AND jULIE IS THERE!!!!
John Mack

Re: JULIE NEWMAR ORNEAMENT

Post by John Mack »

Ok, she's holding a diamond? Or is that a cat's eye opal? This line was doomed to me the minute they did the Life Magazine pose for Batman.
Music. BAT! Music.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

John Mack wrote: This line was doomed to me the minute they did the Life Magazine pose for Batman.
In what sense do you feel it was doomed? My interpretation was that people really seem to dig the Life Magazine pose, many folks seemed to even use it as a base for shadowbox custom. I can't think of many other Christmas ornaments that have inspired that kind of creativity.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfect.
svl

Post by svl »

Loved the Life cover ornament, love this Catwoman. Hope they keep 'em coming.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I don't know about it (the line) being doomed. Sure, the Batman could have certainly had a different pose, but there is no debating the iconic sculpt they opted to go with. I'm with Ben on this one. It sure has inspired a lot of creativity. I really like the look of this ornament. I'm definitely adding it to my collection. My only beef is that it is not catalogued, making it all the harder for the people that really want one, to get one. It should be more readily available to everyone.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

She's going to be hanging on my Christmas tree this year!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I only have the Batman one-- we've already discussed it in another thread,but I for one like the choice of the LIFE magazine pose-- iconic and better than just a boring stock pose like we're seeing with the statues. I don't hang these on my tree but I have the Planet of the Apes too and they all sit on a shelf in my art studio. Catwoman is pretty solid but I'll pass.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

It seems "criminal" (pun intended) that we get Joker and Catwoman before Robin. I will always support this line, and hope we see Boy Wonder and Batgirl in the coming years.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Ben Bentley wrote:
John Mack wrote: This line was doomed to me the minute they did the Life Magazine pose for Batman.
In what sense do you feel it was doomed? My interpretation was that people really seem to dig the Life Magazine pose, many folks seemed to even use it as a base for shadowbox custom. I can't think of many other Christmas ornaments that have inspired that kind of creativity.
Hi Ben. As Andy Stated, there was a giant thread about the pros and cons of the Life Magazine pose. I didn't like it partly because of a prototype they made with Batman holding a Batarang that they showed first. If anyone can dig up the old thread, there should be a photo. The Life pose never appealed to me because of an interview Adam did talking about how that shot came to be. As the story goes, they made him jump up and down on a trampoline for a long period of time. He started off serious, doing thr dynamic stuff, but got tired and started acting goofy.

And I knew what I said would be taken incorrectly. I said the line was doomed TO ME from the start. I don't want any of the ornaments since Batman was IMO not worth buying. Oh, you either love or hate it. Still, what's with her holding a diamond.
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

October 1, 8:00 am. They won't hold one for you.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Szabol wrote:October 1, 8:00 am. They won't hold one for you.
REALLY? The place where I go are holding it for me, I even offered to pay, they said no problem, town is 25,000
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Szabol wrote:October 1, 8:00 am. They won't hold one for you.
I got the same B.S. from the Green Bay store, saying that they are a "corporate" store, and they wont hold it, so I have to drive 40 miles to get there early when they open if I want one. B.S., but.. whatever. The sad thing is, there used to be 4 Hallmark stores in Northeast WI. All closed but that one, so if I want it, I have 2 options ..I have to drive early and hope they still have them, or pay the ebay scalpers.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

If you're patient I'm sure you'll be able to get these on Amazon-- the Planet of the Apes ones, which were tough to find in stores, are now $5 and $7 for Cornelius and Dr Zaius. I'd be willing to bet Catwoman will be available soon. No drive needed!