The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batman65

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Batman65 »

TysonL wrote:So I'm on vacation in Texas and came across the store Hastings and they are going out of business and everything is 50% off or more. So I went crazy !
Now that's a nice "one time" haul.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Terrific! Congrads, J.J.!
Larry
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

I really don't remember Joker wearing this outfit in Death in the Family, but that is what the figure is called. I bought it because I liked the fedora and long coat that were introduced in the 1940s and were, I think, brought back by Marshall Rogers in The Laughing Fish.
Attachments
s-l1600b.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

image.jpeg
Batusi Batman at a super price

Also many places were discounting Batman stuff yesterday so I ordered the DC direct Batman. With all the discounts it was just over $100.
image.jpeg
In non 66 Batman, I picked up the new Frontiers Batman too!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
VintageMike

Post by VintageMike »

Got a few things. Finally ordered from Susan Silo's website and added her auto as "Mousey" to my collection
siloauto.jpg
At the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention this past weekend I picked up a Tisha Yearling "Legs Parker" promo photo (hope to get it signed at some point) and the FTC Mr. Freeze.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Just picked up Batman Archives volumes 7 and 8 at a comic shop
going to get volume 6 on ebay (a comparitbely much easier get) and then i'll start working on finishing the Dark knight Archive series (looks like 7 is the hardest in that bunch)
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Golddragon,

I bought all the archives as they came out. If any of them are going for larger sums, you may want to look into getting the Omnibus editions that DC is releasing now. Those might be cheaper now, and they have more pages. I will say that the omnibuses are VERY heavy, though.

My latest:

Batman 66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. hardcover that collects the entire series. I haven't read it yet, though. I also got the new 52 Batgirl Funko pop.
Attachments
funko-pop-batgirl-195327.jpg
4964821-03.jpg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

BTW, did anyone besides me notice that on the Chapter # cover, the artist was lazy and has Napoleon carrying the Ideal Toy version of "The Napoleon Solo Gun" as opposed to the actual U.N.C.L.E. Special rifle version?

Cheers,
Larry
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Gothosmansion

The only archives really going up in price are the ones released in 2010-2011 because they were only published in maybe half the number of copies that the previous (and in some cases, following volumes) were.
for example, Wonder Woman Archives volumes 5 and 7 are relatively easy and low cost while volume 6 is in the two to four hundred dollar range. Batman volumes 7 and 8 are in the same time frame as WW 6, hence the higher price tag (and why finding them the way I did was such a stroke of luck.)
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Golddragon,

I wasn't sure what the prices on the Batman Archives were going for now, since I bought those when they first came out. I unfortunately am well acquainted with the ridiculous prices WW archive 6 is going for...I got all the other volumes for 10-15 dollars each, and 6 is the only volume I don't have...I hope the Wonder Woman Golden Age omnibus series will go far enough to encompass the issues that are in WW 6. Even if it means repeating some issues I already have in an archive, I figure I will still come out cheaper buying the omnibus.

Larry,

The reason I used that chapter image is it is the picture on the cover of the hardback. I noticed that at least one of the covers is based on a still of Robert Vaughn, although Solo's face is shadowed on the cover art. I still haven't read the book yet, but I noticed that one of the sketches said to keep Solo handsome but generic. I wonder if the likenesses were intentionally vague so DC/WB didn't have to pay David McCallum or Robert Vaughn.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Gothos,
I tend to think Your reasoning for DC/WB's comments about " handsome but Generic" is most probably spot on. It would also keep DC?Wb from having to pay for the use of Bob Vaughn's and David Mc Callum"s likeness as well as a nod to the original main credit and the "Official Membership Card" the studio would send out to al who asked. The "Man" on the credit was also half in shadow. I was just commenting on illustration of "The Gun" as it is called in fandom.

Cheers,
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

gothosmansion wrote:Golddragon,

My latest:

Batman 66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. hardcover that collects the entire series. I haven't read it yet, though..
That came from Amazon too. Avenger crossover is on order for its release.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Batman Archives v.6 just arrived today
also, bought a Batman '66 Symbol t-shirt from the Warner Bros shop
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
VintageMike

Post by VintageMike »

Picked up the FTC Harley Quinn at Retro Con this past weekend. Regular price, no markup.