The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
COPPRODUCTIONS

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Got a box in the mail yesterday from my friend Dave Metzner (new products manager at Moebius Models). Inside was a test shot of the Frank Gorshin Riddler kit. Likeness is not QUITE as good as on the Penguin (which was a HOME RUN) but it IS an improvement over the prototype casting I received several months ago. Kit includes two complete heads, one hatted, one not and with the option of putting masks on both. The derby is missing the question mark, but I believe this will be on the decal sheet with the markings for the jacket and trousers. Kit also includes two different right hands, one of which will hold the question mark cane seen in John Astin's episode (I know, NOT accurate to the series, but IMHO a cool option nonetheless). BTW, when I called Dave to thank him, he informed me that Robin should be hitting US shores very soon, and will be in stores by the end of the month. They would LIKE to have Riddler in stores before Christmas, but considering this is THE first test shot, I think Valentine's Day is more likely. As soon as I get the thumbs up to post pics (Warner is still in the approval process at this point) I will do so! :D
Tom
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

I've been looking at that 66 logo shirt myself. I'll most likely order it and the Hush logo shirt from the DC store very soon. I can't speak to all of their items, but the T-shirts I've ordered from them so far have been very well made.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
VintageMike

Post by VintageMike »

Actually just got one of my autograph grails, Melendy Britt as Batgirl from the "New Adventures of Batman". I loved this show as a kid, despite Bat-Mite. It also marks the first time in any of my collections I have autographs from both the live action and animated version of the same character from my childhood.

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

You lucky, LUCKY Guy!!!!!!!!
Larry
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I AGREE.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I just got the FTC Series 4 Batman with the new head design. Sadly, the head is out of proportion to the body, the ears look like they are molded on backwards and the wrists and ankles of the body suit are hyper loose and will not stay in the gloves and boots. What IS interesting, is that the Bat-cuffs, Bat Radio and Utility belt from 66 that I ordered were darn near perfect. I have yet to see any of their Bat Capes to fit correctly. Perhaps the 66 figures costumes fit better. Oh well, I'm going to modify the figure to look like He did in 1940 so not all is lost!
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jess and I stumbled across both the NJ Croce Batmobile with bendable figures as well as the classic TV bendabale figures pack at bargain basement prices at a local branch of TK Maxx here in the UK. I didn't think I particularly wanted these items until I ran across them "in the wild" at such a great price.
IMG_3393.jpg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Ben, You got lucky with those finds! Is TK Maxx, perchance, connected with TJ Maxx here in the States?

Cheers,
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Larry A. wrote:Ben, You got lucky with those finds! Is TK Maxx, perchance, connected with TJ Maxx here in the States?

Cheers,
Thanks Larry. Indeed they are, the branding is indentical bar the swapping of the letters "k" and "j".
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks, Ben!

Cheers,
Larry
danbar

Post by danbar »

I finally got this hung up today. It is a limited edition art print from Mondo. I think it is really cool. Pics with and without frame.
Attachments
belt mondo.jpg
belt mondo.jpg (18.15 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
belt.jpg
belt.jpg (17.47 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Wow!!!!!!!! Where did You find that? I gotta get myself one!!!!!!
Larry
danbar

Post by danbar »

The limited edition was available through mondotees.com. The edition size was only 275, and they are sold out. You can still get them through auction sites. They have the red background and a variant blue night-sky background. Hope you get one!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks!

Cheers!
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Mondo has some great offerings-- get on their mailing list and you'll get notice just before something goes on sale.
Ben-- I have the bendees too and I agree they are much more charming in person.