Yvonne as a baddie (the silver fox)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mr Chronos

Yvonne as a baddie (the silver fox)

Post by Mr Chronos »

Always think the sexy yvonne would have made a great villain called the silver fox. Dozier was toying with the idea. I will flush out my idea in a bit! 8-)
dell

Re: Yvonne as a baddie (the silver fox)

Post by dell »

Sounds interesting. I usually preferred the female villains as they couldn't fight Batman so they had to try to outthink him. However, there were some notable exceptions to this which I won't list those villainesses as they and their shortcomings have been listed a thousand times already.
dell
Mr Chronos

Post by Mr Chronos »

Like the idea of her as a socialite who commits crime just because she can! She made a great villian on Star Trek too!
Hideout: The Den
Gang: Fox Cubs
Look: Like the batgirl costume but silver lurex and mask. Anything fox related would be a target. I am just smitten with yvonne altho it would have meant someone else playing batgirl. I've heard dozier wanted elke sommer on batman too!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Elke Sommer would have been great as The Sea Hag,a Scuba Diving Villainess from the 1966 Batman Topps Card #14a:''Danger In The Depths."Yvonne would have been excellent as The Silver Fox.She could have doubled as Batgirl too.
Mr Chronos

Post by Mr Chronos »

Would have made for an interesting addition to the 4th season. Either her or Barbara Bouchet! Always remember yvonne as the dancing russian spy in In like Flint too! The Silver Fox would be batgirl with the sass turned up which is how yvonne wanted to play it anyway not as batman's love interest.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about Elke Sommer as The Sea Hag,Yvonne as The Silver Fox,and Mary Ann Mobley as Batgirl?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How come William Dozier was not able to get Elke Sommer?
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Well, there was Tallullah Bankhead, though she preferred to dye her hair. :lol:
Mr Chronos

Post by Mr Chronos »

Found this great picture of yvonne in it takes a thief as Bobbie Wagner's Galpal. She was a great criminals assistant and so gorgeous!
Attachments
yvonne_craig_thief08.jpg
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Yvonne Craig was actually cast against type as Barbara Gordon. Up until then she'd almost invariably spelled trouble; like Veronica Kovacs, the little floozy who tries to blackmail George Hamilton into marrying her in By Love Possessed (1961):
m8dbylo_ec001_h.jpg
We get an idea of the sort of Sea Hag Elke Sommer might have made from her mean way with a speargun in Deadlier Than the Male (1967):
Deadlier Than the Male-64036.jpg
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent pictures.