Re: Rest in Peace - Fred Westbrook

Post by jjkandlak »

RIP Fred

Godspeed!
Jim
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Fred did more to help Adam with the second half of his career than anyone thought possible.
I spent a long weekend with him in New York City and I got to see close up and personally his love and respect for Adam. I also got to see how many "fans" made things difficult at times-- and that often led to Fred having to be the bad guy in some people's eyes.

It was never an easy job but Fred did it brilliantly.
I was shocked to hear the news from Ben, I knew he was sick but I didn't know it was this far along.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

RIP in God's Heavenly Kingdom, Mr. Westbrook.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

RIP, Fred.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

What sad news, indeed. I had met Fred several times and he was always polite and courteous with me, and I also witnessed this same interaction with other fans. My condolences to his family.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Just got in from a cruise & read the sad news. Myself & the rest of us Batman fans will miss you for what you did for Adam & getting him out there for us to see. Thanks Fred & You will be missed on the circuit.
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

:| :| wow what sad news indeed,,i also had the pleasure of meeting FRED a few times at ADAMS appearances in the early 90s...he was always pleasant ..and respectful...he will be missed....
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

I expressed my thoughts on Fred's passing on Facebook the day we were informed of it, so I won't repeat myself here.What I would like to say that I hadn't before, is that I believe what made Fred such a good fit for Adam was that before he was his manager, he was a genuine fan. I think this only strengthened what they had as manager and client into a great friendship. Fred, you will be missed, and we in the Bat Community can't thank you enough for keeping the flame burning all these years. God bless and as a personal tribute, I'm having myself a bowl of soup in your honor.

Lee
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Pat The Batman Fan

Post by Pat The Batman Fan »

Mauled Vader wrote:
and I HATE to hear how he left this world!...

...CANCER SUCKS!!!

Rest well, Fred...
Hopefully he did not suffer too long. If a cure is not possible, a quick passing can be a blessing... albeit possibly the ultimate mixed blessing. Having watched my Dad go this way, I can say I'm grateful he didn't linger although I'd give everything I own to have one more minute long conversation with him or give him one more hug.

Condolences to his friends and family.
And why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

RIP.
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

RIP Fred
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Rip Fred.At monstermania 2014 I was the only character from the show. He gave me a discount on the autographs. He said he liked what I did with the characters.
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

So very sorry to hear this. I talked with him a couple of times once at Denver comic con and again at MegaCon. I found him both times to be a pleasant individual and so very knowledgeable. He will be missed. Prayers to his family & friends.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Very sad to hear. I met him in Montreal at the 2011 ComicCon. I had just finished spending about 15 minutes talking with Burt Ward after getting his autograph (we both got into talking about and sharing pictures of our dogs much to the consternation of his agent and the waiting line of fans :lol:). Anyway, I went to Adam's table and Fred with a big smile said hello to me and asked my name. He then motioned me and I moved over to Adam who also asked my name but what with the roar of the convention and his hearing not being what it used to be (I'm guessing?) he didn't hear me so Fred leaned over and shouted my name to him. Adam then signed my 1966 vintage Batman TV LP. Interestingly, I leaned in after and said loudly to Adam that we had met before in that very hall back in 1976 when he and Burt were in costume at the International Auto Show. Adam looked at me in almost disbelief and repeated "1976???" Then he sighed and looked away into the crowd shaking his head slowly saying - almost to himself - "1976...That was so long ago.." and then he just keeping staring for a few seconds like he was lost in thought. Then Fred nudged him back to the present, they both thanked me, I thanked them, and that was that. Overall, a great encounter and great memory. I wish Fred well wherever he may now be and the sincerest condolences to his family.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Yellow Oval wrote:Very sad to hear. I met him in Montreal at the 2011 ComicCon. I had just finished spending about 15 minutes talking with Burt Ward after getting his autograph (we both got into talking about and sharing pictures of our dogs much to the consternation of his agent and the waiting line of fans :lol:). Anyway, I went to Adam's table and Fred with a big smile said hello to me and asked my name. He then motioned me and I moved over to Adam who also asked my name but what with the roar of the convention and his hearing not being what it used to be (I'm guessing?) he didn't hear me so Fred leaned over and shouted my name to him. Adam then signed my 1966 vintage Batman TV LP. Interestingly, I leaned in after and said loudly to Adam that we had met before in that very hall back in 1976 when he and Burt were in costume at the International Auto Show. Adam looked at me in almost disbelief and repeated "1976???" Then he sighed and looked away into the crowd shaking his head slowly saying - almost to himself - "1976...That was so long ago.." and then he just keeping staring for a few seconds like he was lost in thought. Then Fred nudged him back to the present, they both thanked me, I thanked them, and that was that. Overall, a great encounter and great memory. I wish Fred well wherever he may now be and the sincerest condolences to his family.
That's incredibly nice.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!