best 66 figures

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
njboywonder

best 66 figures

Post by njboywonder »

Hey.

I'm not (usually) a Batman collector but am considering a pair of figures for myself.

Also not great at research, so am I right that the Tweeterhead sculpts and the Hot Toys action figures are pretty much the best options?

Does the latter Robin have tights or are the legs just painted as such?

Thanks.
Brett
AndyFish

Re: best 66 figures

Post by AndyFish »

The Hot Toys, Tweeterhead and the soon to be released Sideshow 1/4 Batman AW figure are probably the best in terms of capturing the likenesses. The Robin HT has tights.

The HT Batman has an outfit that is the wrong shade of grey if that kind of thing bothers you-- it didn't bother me until I saw the corrected Tony Mei version and then I was sold.

I really like the Neca 18" figure despite the waist joint-- it doesn't bother me and there's a charm to it. I've seen some people have a costume made for that one too.

I'm a big fan of the Wonderland Batman, Robin and Joker talking poseable dolls-- I think those are about 18" too.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Yep, I'm in agreement with Andy. HT, Tweeterhead, and NECA are your upfront options for top-of-the-line looks and quality. After that there are the lesser like Figures Toys and Mattel, but they are nowhere near the former mentioned.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

I'd forgotten about those NECA figures. Never saw the Wonderlands. Thanks re: the gray situation too as I'm color-blind and wouldn't have known.

Thanks x2. Big decision to spend so much money so appreciate the help.

Brett
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I really think, and I may be alone here, that bang for your buck the NECA figures are the best deal if you can get past the waist joint. I have mine set up next to my hot toys figures and my eye still goes to that one first. Size, details and poseability just make it a fun figure to have. I don't have Robin, but that figure looks great too. I do have both Batman and Robin from Hot Toys and I will certainly be getting the Cesar if it makes it to production.
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

I like all but if I had the money, I'd go with the Tweeterheads for the richness and the authenticity. Since they wouldn't be displayed among toys/a collection, I think they'd blend best in a regular room setting.

Course I'd have to sell a lot of Riddler costumes to be able to afford them...
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

I'm going with the Hot Toys figures.
I've seen photos of these figures where they look just like the actual actors.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

I prefer the FTC line for its depth and affordability. Love the Mego format, too.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Hot Toys is my pick. Per Andy, if they make a Caesar, I'm definitely In!
simm

Post by simm »

I own the HT, FTC and Mattel figures. I also have the 7" NECA Adam West Batman. The HT gets the nod for likeness and accessories. If NECA had done the larger figure like the 7" with no man-boobs stomach/waist joint, that would have been a winner, but I just can't bring myself to owning that one. Epic fail on the design. I do think their Robin attempt was a winner, though.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Here are the Hot Toys figures
Attachments
IMG_1209.JPG
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

And here are the Figures Toy Company figures.
Attachments
IMG_1210.JPG
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Tweeterhead statues and Diamond Select busts are favorites of mine, followed by Figures Toy Company and Mattel (tied)

I also love the Neca and Hot Toys figures, and had the 4 villains been made in these two lines they would have been my #1 and #2 picks.

Honorable mentions are Wonderland Toys talking figures, the Moebuis model kits, Diamond Select banks, the NJ Croce bendable figures and the Lego Batcave playset. Most of the other stuff like Mezco, Funko, Tonner and Heroclix didn't interest me at all.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

AndyFish wrote:Here are the Hot Toys figures
That new suit on HT Batman really does look amazing!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Whoops, yes, forgot to mention that is the HT Batman but with the Tony Mei suit.