***SPOILERS*** ROTCC Discussion

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

Re: ***SPOILERS*** ROTCC Discussion

Post by Ben Bentley »

Now you've seen the movie, why not check out the latest episode of The Batcave Podcast where Dan Greenfield (13thDimension), Billy Flynn (Geek Radio) and Myself join host John S Drew to discuss ROTTCC in full.

You can listen here:
https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/d/b/c ... 88ae9bb297
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

IMO Julie sounds as young and beautiful as ever. I was quite surprised as I had expected her to sound older. Those who have said that she sounds older, I just don't hear it.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

I absolutely loved it!! I think it achieved the ability to captivate all audiences, old and new.
I also did not mind some of the 'inaccuracies", if you will.
I'll be on my 3rd viewing this weekend :)

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Anyone who collected the 'Riddler Back' trading card set from 1966 should check out the design on the Riddler's Henchman's shirt during a fight scene. It references the 'secret decoder' design that solved the puzzles that were on the back of each card in that set.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I just listened to the Batcave podcast, great episode as always. At the end the singled out out audio of the final scene has me wondering. Aunt Harriet thinks she is wrong in her assumptions, Bruce and Dick claim they are going "skeet shooting". Given the current use of the word in hip hop, did I miss another life style joke? If so, well played. Did they ever use that excuse on the show? I couldn't stop laughing.
Also great catch LL, I sure there are many more deep cuts yet to be revealed.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

batrunner1966 wrote:I just listened to the Batcave podcast, great episode as always...
I'm sure there are many more deep cuts yet to be revealed.
I'm glad you enjoyed the epsiode, we all had a blast recording it and geeking out over the movie. I also couldn't agree more, there will be things that we continue to discover over time.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Ben Bentley wrote:
batrunner1966 wrote:I just listened to the Batcave podcast, great episode as always...
I'm sure there are many more deep cuts yet to be revealed.
I'm glad you enjoyed the episode, we all had a blast recording it and geeking out over the movie. I also couldn't agree more, there will be things that we continue to discover over time.
Ktrek

Post by Ktrek »

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the film. I guess I was prepared for the worst and was relieved to find it a lot of fun and mostly in keeping with the 1966 Batman series we all came to love. I hope that Warner will make a few more of these before West and Ward are no longer with us.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Any clues on the Two Face sequel or if a third film has been oked? So hungry for some new Batman 66 news?

---JThree
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

If Batgirl shows up in the Two Face sequel, does anyone know if they'll use the Yvonne Craig interpretation or something more akin to the 60's Filmation series? I hope it's the former, I love seeing Batgirl's secret id room?

--jthree
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Me too.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

While watching ROTCC yet again I just saw another Easter Egg. A tribute to the '77 Filmation series. After the space station Batfight Robin asks Batman if the the Villains will be okay to which the Caped Crusader replies, "They may forever walk with slight links but, they'll live." If you watch closely you'll see the colors of Robin's circled "R" reverse as it appeared in the '77 series.

As previously reported this also happens a second time in the film after Batusi/Batfight on the stage of Gotham Palace. Right after the duplicate Batmen disintegrate and Robin yells, Holy spontaneous combustion!"

Nice subtle tributes to Adam and Burt's original reunion that most casual fans wouldn't catch.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

If they did Batgirl, I'd sort of like them to use Melendy Britt of 'The New Adventures of Batman'! She's still around, 73 years old, and a legendary voice artist. Largely remembered by my fellow Gen X·ers for "She-Ra, Princess of Power". That would be a nice tribute.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

The Boss wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:45 pm IMO Julie sounds as young and beautiful as ever. I was quite surprised as I had expected her to sound older. Those who have said that she sounds older, I just don't hear it.
Actually, I could tell, although it wasn't as pronounced as the difference in Adam's voice. Burt Ward's voice was largely unchanged. But you have to take into account that Adam is coming up on 90, and that judging by pics, he was pounding down butts from the 60's to the 80's. He still did a phenomenal job.

"Now we return to "Batman"! Sponsored by Lucky Strikes."

(wearing a "smoking jacket")

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Progress Pigment wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 am
Actually, I could tell, although it wasn't as pronounced as the difference in Adam's voice.
Yeah, there's no way to mistake Julie's current voice with the way she sounded some 51 years ago.
Beneath Wayne Manor