The Adam West Batman Series We Missed Out On

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Boss

Re: The Adam West Batman Series We Missed Out On

Post by The Boss »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:
What did I post:
Progress Pigment: then someone should ask Adam, Burnett or anyone else from that production for direct information.
...which is the best evidence source one can ask for--instead of copy+paste stories that are still unsubstantiated--or could be just as false as the "Manson tried out for The Monkees" story reprinted time after time despite the truth proving it was someone's fantasy. Some may want to believe an Adam West Batman cartoon was going to be produced by Hanna Barbera in the late 1980s, but again, where's the hard evidence?
Prepare to eat crow Batwinged Hornet. Here it is ON VIDEO, Alan Burnett himself saying that yes indeed this was intended as "a pilot for Batman, a whole seperate series." BOOM!

(starts at 6:38)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lpy0QU_MwYk
Your non believing negative attitude has been defeated. We all await your apology.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Did anyone else notice that we had a couple of familiar voices guesting on that pilot (other than Adam, Casey, and Frank Welker, that is)? None other than Batman alumni, Stanley Ralph Ross! Also I noticed a Ghostbuster guesting as well, Ernie Hudson. I really enjoyed the depth of the storytelling, compared to the typical SF storylines of years past. I think the series would have been good, but the timing was wrong. Sometimes, that's all that needs to happen to squash a good idea or performance. Bummer.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

The Boss wrote:
BATWINGED HORNET wrote:
What did I post:
Progress Pigment: then someone should ask Adam, Burnett or anyone else from that production for direct information.
...which is the best evidence source one can ask for--instead of copy+paste stories that are still unsubstantiated--or could be just as false as the "Manson tried out for The Monkees" story reprinted time after time despite the truth proving it was someone's fantasy. Some may want to believe an Adam West Batman cartoon was going to be produced by Hanna Barbera in the late 1980s, but again, where's the hard evidence?
Prepare to eat crow Batwinged Hornet. Here it is ON VIDEO, Alan Burnett himself saying that yes indeed this was intended as "a pilot for Batman, a whole seperate series." BOOM!

(starts at 6:38)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lpy0QU_MwYk
Your non believing negative attitude has been defeated. We all await your apology.
One, you (finally) followed my suggestion. Up until that time it was you going on and on and on without the hard evidence I referred to.

Two, no one is "eating crow" about a property neither you or I own. You seem to have some ego issues about this, when it is mere discussion.

Thanfully, more Hanna Barbera DC productions did not happen; if this was on one of the networks, it would not have enjoyed the mature, brilliant handling of the 1990s WB series.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Good googling Boss! Darn good googling.
BATWINGED HORNET wrote:
The Boss wrote:
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Thanfully, more Hanna Barbera DC productions did not happen; if this was on one of the networks, it would not have enjoyed the mature, brilliant handling of the 1990s WB series.
Yeah. Nice try. It isn't an "either/or" situation. It is incredibly doubtful that a few years of a mature, thoughtful Batman series with Adam West's voice, Alan Burnett's writing, and José Luis García-López (who is considered by some to have done the best modern version of DC's Superman) designed animation would affect the creation of the well regarded 1990's Batman cartoon. Batman (1989) acted as a reboot for everything Batman. Unquestionably, without it you and others would not have "enjoyed", what was for the most part a well-produced (by 1990's standards anyway) take on the character. Although some certainly enjoyed it more than others. But an 80's Batman series running a couple of seasons? I can't see where it would be a factor at all. Unless it became so HUGE it obliterated everything in it's path! Highly, highly, unlikely. Being as this isn't the "Kevin Conway Worship Board", I'll throw caution to the winds & say a few dozen Batman episodes as good as "The Fear" would be worth the risk of having some very slight effect on the 90's Batman cartoon. :) But that's a silly idea. It would be fine. After the Tim Burton movie the WB series was going to happen regardless. Oh, and if no one is going to eat that crow, I'll take it.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:
One, you (finally) followed my suggestion. Up until that time it was you going on and on and on without the hard evidence I referred to.
ROFLMAO! :lol: You never made any suggestion. All you ever did was say, "NU-UH!" Every single one of us quoted this same thing that was on that video, eewdoc even mentioned the Power Team: Galaxy Guardians DVD which contains the featurette on which this video was found. POW!
Two, no one is "eating crow" about a property neither you or I own.
But you do own your words... which you are now eating. ZOWWIE!!
You seem to have some ego issues about this, when it is mere discussion.
You accuse me (or anyone else for that matter) of having an ego? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: You're the one who insulted everyone involved in the project, - actors, artists, writers, producers, networks, fans etc. - by saying that any and all reports of the pilot were false until you decided otherwise. Now THAT'S an ego. SOCK!
Thanfully, more Hanna Barbera DC productions did not happen; if this was on one of the networks, it would not have enjoyed the mature, brilliant handling of the 1990s WB series.
And now we've come to what this is truly all about. You were never interested in finding the truth. This was always about protecting your beloved 90s animated series. While you have accused others of "wanting to believe" that another Adam West series was planned, it was in fact you who "wanted to believe" that the 90s series broke new ground when in actuality Adam West and Hanna-Barbera did it years earlier.
BIFF! ZONK! KAPOWWW!!!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

***Admin stepping in. ***
Disclaimer, this is not written in anger or meant as shouting but think of it something like Andy Griffith shaking his head.
Seriously??
I come back to the board after being in the hospital for a week to see this type of behavior?

Never make this stuff personal. Debate the topic but never make it about someone's "attitude" or possible agenda (interpret that as fandom from time to time). Bat Hornet presented a challenge to possible hearsay. Should be pretty simple to ask for a reliable source or debate a possible flimsy one. But nobody should ever talk to any of the members like what happened here. Whether in a debate challenge or in rebuttal. If anything is meant in a joking or light manner, then sport some appropriate smilies or make yourself perfectly understood by writing more detail in what you mean and that nothing is meant personally or offensively. "Attitude" is easily interpreted and misinterpreted from so many of our own personal filters but stuff like the ZAP POW shots, the eating crow stuff and personal attacks telling each has an ego and whatnot is never how we conduct ourselves on this board. Period. Not cool.
And to be clear, I am not just addressing one person in this statement. I will handle the rest of this privately, Those who I have contacted should know how I stand and what needs to happen to move forward. If you haven't heard from me then you know now that you're not in trouble and I'm not calling you out so don't ruffle your feathers.

Play nice. (that's meant for everybody reading) ;)