Photo of Yvonne Craig Using a Batarang

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

redbird

Photo of Yvonne Craig Using a Batarang

Post by redbird »

This maybe a stupid question...but I don't recall any episode of
the third season, where Yvonne used a batgirl batarang from her utility belt!
If I'm wrong...blame it old age...but I really don't recall...any help?
If there was one would love to see a photo from the tv show not a convention photo.
Phil B

Re: Photo of Yvonne Craig Using a Batarang

Post by Phil B »

Aww. By the thread title, I thought you had a picture. : (
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Yeah! Me too!!!

All she had was a dinky little perfume bottle with Batsleep in it!
logar2

Post by logar2 »

Actually, she uses her Batarang in the episode "The Great Train Robbery". It's towards the end of the episode when Batman and Shame meet in the street to fight. Shame's gang is hiding in an alley waiting to shoot Batman. Batgirl and Robin come up behind them and disarm them by using their Batarangs and Bat-Ropes. You only see it for a split second and could easily miss it.
That_weirdo_Cage

Post by That_weirdo_Cage »

logar2 wrote:Actually, she uses her Batarang in the episode "The Great Train Robbery". It's towards the end of the episode when Batman and Shame meet in the street to fight. Shame's gang is hiding in an alley waiting to shoot Batman. Batgirl and Robin come up behind them and disarm them by using their Batarangs and Bat-Ropes. You only see it for a split second and could easily miss it.
Blink, and you'd have missed it. As, indeed, we did. :lol: Doesn't really help make the scene memorable, having Batgirl and Robin barely visible behind a stack of crates at the time. Personally, I'd completely forgotten the scene, retaining only a vague memory of Batgirl using a Batarang at some point in the series.... :? Guess I really need to re-watch episodes to refresh the memory, but every time I do now I just become grumpy about the fact that we don't have a high-quality release of the material. :(

Thank you, and good memory, logar2! :D (Dang, I want the old board's smileys. The one I just used here looked sort of like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes, grinning a cheesy grin, at the old place. Sigh. It doesn't pay to become overly-attached to emoticons. They'll always leave you, in the end.)
Attachments
fourth
fourth
third
third
second
second
First in sequence
First in sequence
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Thanks for adding the pics!
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
66wasbest

Post by 66wasbest »

Iirc there are several scenes of Robin holding his batarang but very seldom do I recall him actually using it.
redbird

Post by redbird »

Thanks to all... for resolving that issue, the photos are great, fantastic research!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent Pictures.
That_weirdo_Cage

Post by That_weirdo_Cage »

If you check the scene pictured above in a video-editing program, frame-by-frame, it's clear that both of their throws went a bit wild. Tricky business, trying to throw a Batarang, with all that rope attached, while wearing clumsy gloves and a mask which may restrict vision somewhat. :lol: Yvonne at least looks like she was having fun, though.