I Never Knew This!!!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Boy Wonder

I Never Knew This!!!

Post by Boy Wonder »

Okay, I'm sure that some (maybe most) of you already know this but I just learned about it today.
So, please forgive me if it's already been discussed on the board.

King Tut's real name was Professor William Omaha McElroy.
William Dozier's full name was, William McElroy Dozier and he was born in Omaha.

Holy Cool!

Again, this may be common knowledge among Bat Fans but I just now picked up on it.
clavierankh

Re: I Never Knew This!!!

Post by clavierankh »

William Dozier was born in Omaha but his dogs name was McElroy. This according to Eisner.
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

I'm just going by the info provided on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Dozier

And the IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0236546/bio
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

We need some special Batclarification on this. Eisner is more a Lost In Space and Vincent Price buff, which is probably where his idea to write a Batman book came from. I say this because I heard an interview with him on the radio program, Coast to Coast AM with George Norry, and he talked for two hours about his likings, and only mentioned his Batbook once, in passing before a break, the rest of the show he talked about other things. The brief reference was sluffed off by George, who, IMO is not a 1966 Batman fan, but then there's no accounting for taste. I like Norry, but he's said several things over the years about the show, like it's just too silly etc...but I digress..I now return you to your original scheduled topic.
Music. BAT! Music.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

They didn't give Tut a name until way later right? I mean i think (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) the first time they actually mention it (on-screen) is in the third Season because I think he's just referred to anonymously as the imminent professor of Egyptology at Yale University throughout the first and second seasons.
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

And I always wondered why the writers never changed Yale to something funny like they did with so many other names of places. I think a funny name for Yale would have been Vale University, but written as Veil (a thin covering for one's face/ disguise. :lol:
Music. BAT! Music.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

Boy Wonder wrote:Okay, I'm sure that some (maybe most) of you already know this but I just learned about it today.
So, please forgive me if it's already been discussed on the board.

King Tut's real name was Professor William Omaha McElroy.
William Dozier's full name was, William McElroy Dozier and he was born in Omaha.

Holy Cool!

Again, this may be common knowledge among Bat Fans but I just now picked up on it.
This is the first time that I was made aware of the connection and I hope it's true because it is way cool.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament