1966 Batman costume

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Nitestar

Re: 1966 Batman costume

Post by Nitestar »

We do this all the time with our Ghostbusters thing. We let the kids and adults who want pictures hold the PKE meter. They are always thrilled!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

That bomb looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how your suit comes out.
Nitestar

Post by Nitestar »

I'm just starting on the suit and the shorts. Now I'm going to do a lot of cheating and I'm going to tell you that straight up because it works for me. I'm making it a 2 piece suit with velcro attachments in the middle, with stirrups in the pants and the shirt will have a groin stirrup so that the shirt will lay straight all the time with a velcro attachment. The short will have velcro as well so they stay straight on the costume. I know they didn't do this on the original, but I'm doing this so that if I need to, I can get out of this quickly. Due to my medical condition, sometimes I have to use devices on my person, so I make most of my costumes easy access. This is the great thing about having medical conditions with costuming. LOL
Pictures will be posted when I get them done. :)

And thank you for all the encouragement, guys! I really appreciate it!
Nitestar

Post by Nitestar »

Old pair of Penny Loafers that I had lying around the closet. Now I'm going to convert them into the base of my '66 Batman boots. If you use these, FYI... split the back of them so that it makes it easier to slip on and off after it has been covered.
Attachments
batbootsstart.jpg
Nitestar

Post by Nitestar »

I came across this recently. Has anyone made one of these? And what episode was it used in?
Attachments
batgasgun.jpg
batgasgun.jpg (41.57 KiB) Viewed 5314 times
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

I don't believe that is a prop that was used in the TV series.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Nitestar

Post by Nitestar »

Also, has anyone seen one of these before? I thought that this was so cool!! And if anyone knows where to get one, let me know. Even a high resolution large picture would be great!
Attachments
16003096_10154671333510873_5306078973707266240_n.jpg
Earthdog

Post by Earthdog »

Nitestar wrote:Also, has anyone seen one of these before? I thought that this was so cool!! And if anyone knows where to get one, let me know. Even a high resolution large picture would be great!
This is a long sold out infographic style poster by Kevin Tong.

Regular Edition

Variant Edition

Large Variant Image
Nitestar

Post by Nitestar »

https://www.facebook.com/Nitestarr99/vi ... 8433071426

Okay Guys, sorry I haven't posted on here in a bit but been working on my Ecto13. But this is an update on the old Batarang that I made. I put some better magnets in it so that it holds together better and is almost like the one they used in the show. Check it out!
David Robushi

Post by David Robushi »

Just love the Bat-a rang pouch! What a great addition!
Parker Gabriel

Post by Parker Gabriel »

Batman65 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:56 am http://www.66batman.com/2015/07/05/capes-snaps-and-you/

Hers is the link to Scott's excellent cape snaps vid.
CONFOUND IT, THE LINK TO THE VIDEO IS DEAD!!!
:x :!: :!: :!:
“To the Batcave--we haven’t ONE moment to LOSE!!!”
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Parker Gabriel wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:35 am
Batman65 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:56 am http://www.66batman.com/2015/07/05/capes-snaps-and-you/

Hers is the link to Scott's excellent cape snaps vid.
CONFOUND IT, THE LINK TO THE VIDEO IS DEAD!!!
:x :!: :!: :!:
Temporary server glitch. It's totally up and running now.
Parker Gabriel

Post by Parker Gabriel »

Has anyone tried to duplicate the costume in black instead of blue and dark charcoal gray instead of ash gray?

Jan Kemp, who translated the Batcostumes to television, chose the colors of blue and ash gray because they photographed best on television. Besides, DC Comics was then shading its black garments with blue.
“To the Batcave--we haven’t ONE moment to LOSE!!!”