Batman VS Twoface News?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jthree

Batman VS Twoface News?

Post by Jthree »

Well. Has anyone heard any gossip/news on the sequel to the Return of the Caped Crusaders? I was hoping that not only would we get news about the second animated film featuring Adam West as the Darkknight Detective, but that maybe some individual episodes would have been okayed?

===jthree
Progress Pigment

Re: Batman VS Twoface News?

Post by Progress Pigment »

Actually it's out there full blown. William Shatner will be playing Two -Face!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ss-b97tu4

In my opinion, a slam dunk! No one could do it better. OMG, Adam had to live to almost 90 to get this done!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I have a very bad feeling that this is being treated as a throw away with no intention of a follow up. I cannot even find this film listed in Batman, DC or animated films to be released. It's as if production has haulted or at the very least there will be no advertisement for it's release. Maybe ROTCC failed to make enough money. I hate to think that way but their certainly aren't any good signs. :(
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

Well, with the comic version of the lost episode with Two Face out there, maybe people aren't ready for this yet? I rewatched ROTCC the other night in preparation for the 51st anniversary of the 1966 series and it is still great!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

DC doesn't do much to promote films in production-- and I don't know if this has even been storyboarded yet. Might just be way too early. I love the idea of Shatner as Two Face, but honestly if it's as silly as the first one I won't be distraught if it doesn't get made.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I imagine it will be a silly as the first. Some still think the defining heart of the series is not how it started (S1, obviously), but how it ended.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

It is definitely in production with voicing and storyboarding completed ages ago. Remember, ROTCC didn't get much release info or footage until the August or September before it's actual release.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great point Batwinged, and certainly evident from the tone of the first.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:I imagine it will be a silly as the first. Some still think the defining heart of the series is not how it started (S1, obviously), but how it ended.
I would say that most people's image of the series actually comes from the movie (which was incrediblly silly) as up until recently that was the only version available on home video and thus easilly accessable to all.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

With few gaps, the TV series was regularly syndicated across the U.S., making it the most experienced version of the Dozier Batman. The only problem is that the worst of the show has been highlighted as the series standard, as if season one (and the few season two gems) never existed.
Beneath Wayne Manor
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

And yet the most frequently repeated line, "Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb." and the special bat equiptment that is most often referred to (shark repellent bat-spray) both come from the movie showing that the movie is indeed what most people think of when remembering the William Dozier version of Batman.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:With few gaps, the TV series was regularly syndicated across the U.S., making it the most experienced version of the Dozier Batman.
I agree.
robinboyblunderer

The Boss wrote:And yet the most frequently repeated line, "Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb." and the special bat equiptment that is most often referred to (shark repellent bat-spray) both come from the movie showing that the movie is indeed what most people think of when remembering the William Dozier version of Batman.
If that's the case I'd put it down to the Internet and the movie's availability while the show remained in bootleg/youtube form.

Prior to the popularity of the net I'd say the reruns were what kept the show going and there seemed to be more excitement for the show proper instead of the movie, which to my taste, is one of the weakest parts of the '66 Batman despite some memorable set pieces.
robinboyblunderer

cammy85 wrote:Well, with the comic version of the lost episode with Two Face out there, maybe people aren't ready for this yet? I rewatched ROTCC the other night in preparation for the 51st anniversary of the 1966 series and it is still great!!
I prefer Return of the Caped Crusaders to the feature movie...!

I hope the Two-Face story isn't the Harlan Ellison script which was a let down for me.

cheers
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!