Tweeterhead? Best place to buy them?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Nektu

Tweeterhead? Best place to buy them?

Post by Nektu »

Hi everyone.. i'm late to the party on the 1/6 Tweeterhead statues. Where can one still buy these without getting ripped off?
I know eBay is an option, but I don't love it there. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. K
To The Batpoles!

Re: Tweeterhead? Best place to buy them?

Post by To The Batpoles! »

It is my understanding that they are ALL still available DIRECTLY from Tweeterhead, with the exception of Catwoman. She is COMPLETELY Sold-Out!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Looks like Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are out of stock at Tweeterhead too.
Nektu

Post by Nektu »

That's correct.. all three are not available from them. Robin is particularly hard to find now, and I don't want to pay the money on eBay. Why is Robin so hard to get!?! K
rajung

Post by rajung »

as of right now, big bad toy store has the Riddler in stock.
All others gone
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I would love to know the edition sizes on these. I think the numbers would be very telling. I would wager that because Julie Newmar has more "star power" than Burt Ward, they probably produced more Catwoman statues than Robin.

I love this line, and am trying to complete the collection, but they are not cheap, are they?
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

I picked up Batgirl from Amazon. They still have her for $250.

I grabbed Catwoman off ebay. I totally missed the boat on her initially and paid for it, LOL. I think there is one on there now for mid-300

Riddler is around, just saw it on Entertainment Earth.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It's not surprising that the Tweeterhead figures are appreciating-- this is pretty common with high ticket items with lowish production runs.
This one had all the indicators of increasing once the orders were filled. I think they look great-- I just don't have the space to display them so I passed, and for those of you trying to find the ones you missed I'd suggest if you see one for anywhere near the original retail of $250-$300 grab it.

Good luck!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

They are my favorite pieces in my collection. I love them all, but Batman and Robin are my favorite because they just look so stunning together, it was a great idea to make them a 2 piece set. Catwoman is my second favorite. I skipped Egghead, but Joker is on preorder. I plan to stop after I get Penguin. It's too costly to buy them all, but I bet King Tut will look amazing, I just want the big 7 though. I've only had Riddler about a month now, I still can't stop looking at him.
Nektu

Post by Nektu »

I'm bumping up this thread.. I'm at a bit of a loss on finding the Robin. If anyone has any info, or local comic stores, or just has one that they may want to sell, please PM me. Sincerely, Ken
rajung

Post by rajung »

Now you must want one very badly for this one,
Only one I could find .Don't know why Batman is more readily available
http://www.simplytoys.com.sg/dc-comics/ ... rhead.html
Nektu

Post by Nektu »

Thanks for the link, but that's what I don't want... to pay almost double the cost!
Anyone know why the runs seem so imbalanced? The Diorama idea is great, but it seems weird they didn't do as many Robins! K