Utility belt display

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Jimmongan

Utility belt display

Post by Jimmongan »

I displayed the Mattel utility belt in a shadow box I picked up at Michael's along with a bat placard. I used a couple of dowels I screwed into case to hold belt in place.

Meule

Re: Utility belt display

Post by Meule »

Awesome display
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Thanks for sharing! I always love seeing how people display their collections!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

What a beautiful way to display that belt. It looks fantastic.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I have to get one. I always liked the D.C. direct Utility belt Display but those belts got so expensive I sold mine
IMG_6178.JPG
IMG_6178.JPG (22.72 KiB) Viewed 9148 times
IMG_6182.JPG
IMG_6182.JPG (32.63 KiB) Viewed 9148 times
How deep is yours? I'd like to add the Bat radio, Batarang, batcuffs, and Bat communicator buckle in one shadow box.

Thanks for the great idea.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jimmongan

Post by Jimmongan »

The interior dimensions are around 24" wide x 7" high x 2 1/2 " deep so I am not sure you could fit all that stuff. They sell a lot of different shadow boxes in different sizes so maybe you could find something that would work.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

I have mine in that same shadowbox... but I really like that placard!!
Looks great!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

I actually work at Michael's, and on break this morning I checked out the shadowbox aisle. Two items I found are actually in the trophy case aisle (one aisle over from shadowboxes in our store), the first being described as "flag case base", SKU#177031, 25.3" L X 7.3" H X 3.25 " deep (these are the OUTER dimensions). I think this is the one Jim has. Retails for $49.99 The second item is listed as "flag and memorabilia case", SKU # 403386, 22.5" L X 11" H X 3.25" deep, retail is $79.99. This would PROBABLY be high enough for cuffs and a bat-radio, MAYBE a batarang if you placed the "wingtips" behind the belt. These go on sale PRETTY often, but the great thing about Michael's is virtually EVERY week in the ad there is a coupon for 40 to 50% off one regular priced item! Have not checked the website, but shipping would be pretty high (I would imagine) if you went that route.
Tom
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Thanks, that is very kind of you to look it up.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Szabol wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:38 pm Thanks, that is very kind of you to look it up.
No worries, call it a deposit in the bank of bat-karma, LOL. BTW, if you are a Michael's rewards member, there is a 50% off coupon in an email right now! :D
Tom
Alfred The Butler

Post by Alfred The Butler »

Jimmongan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:27 pm I displayed the Mattel utility belt in a shadow box I picked up at Michael's along with a bat placard. I used a couple of dowels I screwed into case to hold belt in place.

What diameter dowels did you use?
Jimmongan

Post by Jimmongan »

I think around 3/4 or 1". I picked them up at michaels. I would suggest cutting them a bit shorter because I ended up scraping off some of the lining on the inside of the shadow box trying to get dowels in place before screwing into case.
Jimmongan

Post by Jimmongan »

I added west and ward autographs to the display.

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmongan wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:45 pm I added west and ward autographs to the display.

The autographs are a cool addition to your display. It's always cool to see stuff displayed in situ, too.
hmartinsfilho

Post by hmartinsfilho »

Take a look at utility belt in "Give 'em the Axe".