possible Newmar TweeterHead reissue

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rajung

possible Newmar TweeterHead reissue

Post by rajung »

If anyone missed out on the first release,get on Tweeterheads Facebook page and let them know if you are interested.Looks like they may do another un- numbered run.I don't normally do the Facebook stuff but this announcement isn't sittin.
Ben Bentley

Re: possible Newmar TweeterHead reissue

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is definitely an interesting potential development.

Here's a direct link to the Tweeterhead post on Facebook if anyone is wanting to express their interest:
https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/po ... 7934270043
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

On one hand it is kinda annoying as I paid more than retail for mine and in theory, could have waited to pay the normal price. On the other hand, it would be cool for other collectors to get theirs...
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

I get why a company would want to reissue, i just feel if you are going to do it, make it different.

I have preordered the special edition of every single 66 batman statue they have put out.. Including the two Japan Showa's and the variant black Adam west. If someone picked them up late thats kinda the way it works if you are late to the party.
My thought would be change her up like the Adam west Black variant. Maybe throw a sparkle to her costume like the Elvira statues have.. something that allows people to have the same statue, but different enough for people to know the difference... and then even the folks like me who have the whole line, unfortunately will probably end up buying the alternate version as well.

There is a pretty heated convo on the FB page.
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

Gryck wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 am I get why a company would want to reissue, i just feel if you are going to do it, make it different.
This. It would be a win/win. If the figure were different - it would not alienate the people that rushed in to buy the figure and may even encourage those to buy the variant.
Gryck wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 am I have preordered the special edition of every single 66 batman statue they have put out.. Including the two Japan Showa's and the variant black Adam west.
Wow, congrats! I have been eyeing those Showa's. They look awesome. You gotta post a pic of your set so I can be envious, LOL.
Gryck wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 am If someone picked them up late thats kinda the way it works if you are late to the party.
My thought would be change her up like the Adam west Black variant. Maybe throw a sparkle to her costume like the Elvira statues have.. something that allows people to have the same statue, but different enough for people to know the difference... and then even the folks like me who have the whole line, unfortunately will probably end up buying the alternate version as well.
My sentiments exactly. On a side note - I have been thinking of picking up the Elvira line as well.
Gryck wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 am There is a pretty heated convo on the FB page.
For my own sanity, I think I'll avoid that. Tweeterhead is going to do what they want. If they can make money by doing a simple recast, who am I do begrudge them. However, having an exact duplicate would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

They could change the stone to another color. I think it was a diamond (white/clear) and Emerald (Green) already. Perhaps a Ruby color.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
moparco

Post by moparco »

Hi Batfans,

This is what I found on FB.

Pre-Sale begins this Wednesday, March 8th!
Our Catwoman Variant "Ruby Edition Maquette" will be hand numbered and include a certificate autographed by Catwoman herself, Julie Newmar!
Attachments
17191331_1370728082989028_1127635983450809440_n.jpg
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

I gotta say i do like the look of this as well!

I have every one of the Tweeterhead line including the batman variants. So sadly I almost feel i owe it to the collection to get this one too.. SIGH. lol
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Called it! :D
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I'll stick with my emerald version. I don't care for the black cat, it makes it look Egyptian. julie's cats were gold.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Bought mine in black, painted 'em gold.

Customizing cat statues for Catwoman by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I don't care for the gold cat either. I agree with johndeblasi. Julie's cats were never black. They were gold. Pass.