The 'Floppy Show' with Adam West

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Progress Pigment

The 'Floppy Show' with Adam West

Post by Progress Pigment »

I did not know where else to put this! It looks like the cowl outside cape as seen in "Legends of the Superheroes", so I'd guess this is 1979 or later. I was actually searching for old talk show appearances by Adam West in the 70's/80's, and came across this! I suppose they will all surface one day.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJS2PAPVkbk[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Progress Pigment

Re: The 'Floppy Show' with Adam West

Here's a quick one at about 8:55.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7M2bwuykU[/youtube]
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Nice find. Floppy's handler could use a lesson in microphone technique though.
svl

Post by svl »

Poor Adam. Makes me love him even more.
Sidekick

Post by Sidekick »

Does anyone remember "Romper Room?" I could've swore that Adam and Burt appeared on that show as well.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I thought they were pushing the boundaries here...but Romper Room.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

svl wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:44 am Poor Adam.
Indeed. Perfect example of what actors fear will happen to them after landing a once-famous role.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Progress Pigment

Then Adam defied all logic by becoming cool again. Sociologist will study this phenomenon for decades to come.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGMrmixQo8[/youtube]
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Progress Pigment wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:22 pm Then Adam defied all logic by becoming cool again. Sociologist will study this phenomenon for decades to come.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGMrmixQo8[/youtube]
He was cool even then. Hollywood was (and to a degree still is) just too stupid to know how cool he is.
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Progress Pigment wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:52 pm I did not know where else to put this! It looks like the cowl outside cape as seen in "Legends of the Superheroes", so I'd guess this is 1979 or later. I was actually searching for old talk show appearances by Adam West in the 70's/80's, and came across this! I suppose they will all surface one day.
Holy stuff! Paul and I were regular "Floppy Show" viewers back in the early '70s! We had moved on by the time of this broadcast, though. This show was on WHO from Des Moines.

Too bad the YouTube poster gives us no additional info on it, though. You're probably right about the time frame, although my first thought was that it could have happened when Adam was in town with the same auto show we saw him at in November 1977. But if you're right about the cowl, then it must have been another time.
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Interesting, did not know that this site censors out even mild profanity... "stuff" was not the word I used. lol
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

After watching the clip, I'm really thinking this was November '77. Unless AutoRama came again a few years later. But the line about the Batmobile having its "winter coat" (which we were told at AutoRama) sets it to that time of year.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I was intrigued by the comment that Robin (presumably Burt Ward) had been on the show the previous year. I would very much be interested in seeing if this was in fact Burt and how he appeared.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

bat-rss wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:47 am After watching the clip, I'm really thinking this was November '77. Unless AutoRama came again a few years later. But the line about the Batmobile having its "winter coat" (which we were told at AutoRama) sets it to that time of year.
Unfortunately, Adam used that line no matter what season it was, as it was his way of explaining away the Batfuzz that covered the Batmobile(s) at the time. I saw Adam and Burt at the 1976 World of Wheels show in Chicago and he used that line and it was June. He said it was the windy city, so it would need to stay warm from the breezes off lake Michigan lol.

This is the trouble with being a "Batgroupie" most my life. You realize that both he and Burt basically had a script and followed it everywhere they appeared.
Music. BAT! Music.
Progress Pigment

bat-rss wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:33 am Interesting, did not know that this site censors out even mild profanity... "stuff" was not the word I used. lol
'Stuff' was pretty cool in the post though. Interesting. We need to test the boundaries. Try 'grits'! Like, "Kiss mah grits!" If 'grits' gets turned into 'stuff', then it's not just blocking mild profanity, it's blocking coarse meal mush-related food products. If 'grits' gets thru, try 'Johnson' and see what happens. :?